What have you done to your K2 today?

6 minutes ago, slide187 said:

haha there's a hint of that in all of us up heeeyah, whethah we admit it or not.

Wife and I passed through some years ago headed to the Cape and we learned that my name in Boston does not contain an "R". 

"Yes, how may we help"? The desk clerk says. 

"We'd like a room". 

"Sign in please" and we do. Then she hands me the key card for the room and says, " Matin if you need anything please, call down. " 

I smile and say, "Martin"!. 

That's what I said...."Matin"

"Miss, there is an R in my name" I correct. 

She smiles back..."Not in Boston"

What could I do be laugh back.

Then I asked her to say: " Robert and Richard went Rabbit hunting with a Rifle" 

Hum, she turns red and says "You do it fust"

"Sure, Bob and Dick went bunny hunting with a gun". 

😱

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Wife and I passed through some years ago headed to the Cape and we learned that my name in Boston does not contain an "R". 

"We'd like a room". 

"Sign in please" and we do. Then she hands me the key card for the room and says, " Matin if you need anything please, call down. " 

😱

hahah i love it!

See, unlike on TV, how it really works here is we say R's when they're an elbow, not a hand.  You need an elbow to have a hand, but you don't need a hand to have an elbow.

So like if the word has an r at the beginning or in the middle we say it:

"Really guy, don't worry about it, it wont be that haaahhhhd."

But if it's at the end, we only say it if the NEXT word stahhhts with a vowel.

"Ahhh the keys to the caaah downstayaz?"

"Ahhh the keys to the car up stayas?"

And sometimes we even ADD an r to the end of a word if it ends with a vowel and AND the next one also stahhhts with a vowel. 

"Hey, you guys want pizzer up theyah?"

"Go call auntie (Lisa) Liser and tell her weeeeh comin ovah laytah."

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, slide187 said:

hahah i love it!

See, unlike on TV, how it really works here is we say R's when they're an elbow, not a hand.  You need an elbow to have a hand, but you don't need a hand to have an elbow.

So like if the word has an r at the beginning or in the middle we say it:

"Really guy, don't worry about it, it wont be that haaahhhhd."

But if it's at the end, we only say it if the NEXT word stahhhts with a vowel.

"Ahhh the keys to the caaah downstayaz?"

"Ahhh the keys to the car up stayas?"

And sometimes we even ADD an r to the end of a word if it ends with a vowel and AND the next one also stahhhts with a vowel. 

"Hey, you guys want pizzer up theyah?"

"Go call auntie (Lisa) Liser and tell her weeeeh comin ovah laytah."

Gezzzz. That's worse than Latin!

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

• Haha 2

After years of detailing everyone else’s vehicles, I was able to share some love with mine. Finally was able to do a single step correction and ceramic coating  I used the cquartz UK and topped it with Reload. 

C83AEE3D-AEE3-4CD6-B2F0-CBCFBA7EF7A7.jpeg

• Like 9

Bug rebuild is in a holding pattern awaiting a clutch cable so I used today to get the truck ready for its bi-annual coastwise trip. 

new tires courtesy of dealer. Pirelli Scorpions. 

5 quarts of ATF, a 10 Oz bottle of Lubegard red and a new trans pan drain plug. 

new front diff fluid, Valvoline 75w-90 full synthetic. Those new squeeze bottles are a game changer!

new rear differential fluid. I’m an ardent support of draining to remove any settled debris, but that unfortunely requires removal of the cover which I wasn’t in the mood to do. So I used my extraction tool (bent piece of hard line with rubber hose in each end) for my BMW (rear diff has no drain NOR removable cover) to use my pump to start the flow, and then let it syphon while I did the trans. same fluid as front went back in. Then wash/wax/polish so my girl can be the envy of every cracker at an I-95 truck stop. 😁

11D8F2CF-D391-4C0F-BA06-58AE9C74E715.jpeg

D92A8D72-AE0C-4B98-9E98-E8275D2E5E13.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

After years of detailing everyone else’s vehicles, I was able to share some love with mine. Finally was able to do a single step correction and ceramic coating  I used the cquartz UK and topped it with Reload. 

How was the application process on the cquartz? I've been meaning to get to mine but will have no time until late fall. Have a whole new arsenal of cutting/polishing products but can't decide on a coating. My top three have been UK 3.0, Gyeon Mohs Q2 and Gtechniq Crystal Serum.

Edited by boettcher40

On 7/7/2021 at 4:01 PM, cbrsilv15 said:

Nice beads 

I'm using DP Need for Bead.

It's the slipperiest topper I've ever used.

And beads like crazy.

I use it after every wash.

Get it at Autogeek.net 

dp-detailing-products-need-for-bead-16-oz-5.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 5:36 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

"We'd like a room". 

😱

i think you need to change your user name to "Gumpy Bea"!!   ha! ha!

• Haha 4

I installed a 3 channel dash cam this weekend.
It records front, cabin, and rear.
I'll post some pics tomorrow, works great!
Running the cables wasn't too difficult, I removed the passenger side grab handle to run the front cable through that, after tucking into the head-liner at the upper windshield and routing it to the 12V connection on the console.
The rear cam, well, I went through the headliner and under the upper weather stripping on front and rear doors, (still exposed over the B-pillar, I'll have to fix that soon) then, over and in the rear C-pillar and through the rear head liner so the exposed cable was as short as possible.
It's the VanTrue N4 and I do recommend it, though I suggest setting it up with a power connection for different options prior to install as it's kind of a pain after install, for me, at least, but, likely won't be for most.

• Like 2

Replaced the cargo and reverse lights with 720lm LEDs. Man are they ever bright lol. Also had the vacuum pump replaced under warranty. Stops much better than when I got her in March for sure. Soon there will be a tranny fluid change and a new hard tri fold tonneau cover.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

I installed a 3 channel dash cam this weekend.
It records front, cabin, and rear.
I'll post some pics tomorrow, works great!
Running the cables wasn't too difficult, I removed the passenger side grab handle to run the front cable through that, after tucking into the head-liner at the upper windshield and routing it to the 12V connection on the console.
The rear cam, well, I went through the headliner and under the upper weather stripping on front and rear doors, (still exposed over the B-pillar, I'll have to fix that soon) then, over and in the rear C-pillar and through the rear head liner so the exposed cable was as short as possible.
It's the VanTrue N4 and I do recommend it, though I suggest setting it up with a power connection for different options prior to install as it's kind of a pain after install, for me, at least, but, likely won't be for most.

I got the same setup, really like the dash cam. I'm surprise at how well it shows on the back window with a 5% tint.. :D 

• Like 1