What have you done to your K2 today?

Gave Pepper a rest. Needs an oil change so took the Buick for a spin. 12 years old and less than 50K on the clock. One thing I love about this car is that the same driving behavior that gets me honked and fingered driving Pepper gets me a smile and a nod in the Buick. :wtf:

However....same number of idiot moves. OMG. Like we, wife the pup and I are tooling down I-39 at 70 mph, the speed limit, which of course is still to slow for mainstream traffic but 15 faster then my usual and we find ourselves in the wasp nest. That bunch of cars/trucks/etc., that travel in a pack jockeying for position  and as we are about to emerge from the back of the pack an older BMW 5 series runs up on my bumper, slides left and as he almost has me cleared cuts me off drifting to the right shoulder and passes the semi/trailer and two cars on that shoulder unwilling to wade through the six deep traffic that makes up the hive. 

A few minutes earlier while still in the Rockford city limits we are again doing the speed limit, 45 mph, in a double yellow no passing zone leading a 10 car pac when the trailing two pass the column and as the lead car, again, cuts us off the second car on his tail stays right while the lead car moves quickly left letting the second car pass on the right side then swerves back right cutting us off a second time, both running a red light 20 or better over the limit.....Joey Chitwood's Thrill Show in public. 

So...it doesn't matter. 15 under or 10 over I get the same number of idiots, cut offs, finger flips, horns, flashing lights...who can anticipate stupid???? 

How about...I drive mine...you drive yours....and I hope everyone makes it home alive....

There are a handful of things Duct Tape can not fix.....stupid is one of them....:loser:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Gave Pepper a rest. Needs an oil change so took the Buick for a spin. 12 years old and less than 50K on the clock. One thing I love about this car is that the same driving behavior that gets me honked and fingered driving Pepper gets me a smile and a nod in the Buick. :wtf:

However....same number of idiot moves. OMG. Like we, wife the pup and I are tooling down I-39 at 70 mph, the speed limit, which of course is still to slow for mainstream traffic but 15 faster then my usual and we find ourselves in the wasp nest. That bunch of cars/trucks/etc., that travel in a pack jockeying for position  and as we are about to emerge from the back of the pack an older BMW 5 series runs up on my bumper, slides left and as he almost has me cleared cuts me off drifting to the right shoulder and passes the semi/trailer and two cars on that shoulder unwilling to wade through the six deep traffic that makes up the hive. 

A few minutes earlier while still in the Rockford city limits we are again doing the speed limit, 45 mph, in a double yellow no passing zone leading a 10 car pac when the trailing two pass the column and as the lead car, again, cuts us off the second car on his tail stays right while the lead car moves quickly left letting the second car pass on the right side then swerves back right cutting us off a second time, both running a red light 20 or better over the limit.....Joey Chitwood's Thrill Show in public. 

So...it doesn't matter. 15 under or 10 over I get the same number of idiots, cut offs, finger flips, horns, flashing lights...who can anticipate stupid???? 

How about...I drive mine...you drive yours....and I hope everyone makes it home alive....

There are a handful of things Duct Tape can not fix.....stupid is one of them....:loser:

where are the Traffic Cops? no where to be seen in my town..wait about 5-8 more years for the punks to start leasing autonimous cars, i hope this improves the drive, since no one wants to learn..  i notice people in the supermarkets are starting to push thier grocery carts around the store like they drive on the street. no sympathy, no feelings, no one yields to each other, just a big push push push....run your feet over..  i wish i was 20 and full of cum and anger those where the days you could look as a person and they would calm down quick and give you room, not anymore. we need to bring back boxing and driver's educationto the schools, get everyone back in line. 

Edited by pokismoki
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

That bunch of cars/trucks/etc., that travel in a pack jockeying for position  and as we are about to emerge from the back of the pack an older BMW 5 series runs up on my bumper, slides left and as he almost has me cleared cuts me off drifting to the right shoulder and passes the semi/trailer and two cars on that shoulder unwilling to wade through the six deep traffic that makes up the hive. 

I swear that wasn't me! :)
Not that I don't drive the Bimmer a bit spirited, at times, but I do my best to keep it safe! :)

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2021 at 4:20 PM, Marv88 said:

I re sprayed my a-pillars black again using Dupli-Color adhesion promoter and Vinyl/Fabric flexible coating. I originally sprayed them with SEM Bumper Coater at the recommendation of the paint shop owner but that did not hold up well at all so we’ll see how this does.

27D3F8FE-6193-42DF-9D83-461A8273218A.jpeg.64e69af3dfc4172e329a3f549d963c19.jpeg

D587BDBA-FEF2-4624-A6B1-9D622BD0767E.jpeg.a0b295d088118ac1cbffd07edc176d19.jpeg 

Let us know how this holds up. I want to do red Katzkins in my RCSB WT and want to the grey seat coverings in black afterwards. 

• Like 1

Bought a new to me 2017 Sierra 1500 SLT All Terrain in December, and new to the forum. Made a few mods over the last few months to make her mine:

K&N CAI

Dashcam hardwired to driver's side fuse box

2" front leveling kit (Rough country)

6" Stubby antenna

Weathertech in-track rain guards

Chrome/polished muffler tip

LED reverse/cargo/plate lights

Next on the list is tow mirrors.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Let us know how this holds up. I want to do red Katzkins in my RCSB WT and want to the grey seat coverings in black afterwards. 

Will do. I sprayed the Q-Form speaker kick panels in my 78 El Camino over 10 years ago using SEM vinyl/fabric coater with Bulldog Adhesion promoter and they never got even a scuff on them. I gave those to a buddy when I sold the ElCamino and they are holding up to this day in his Malibu Wagon so hopefully this stuff is as durable. 

3 hours ago, Dinner said:

i used SEM colour coat (adhesion promoter and then the 'graphite' colour) when i did the interior of my '89 back in 2012.  the interior was the classic 10 different shades of grey and i wanted to make everything match.  i pulled out EVERYTHING and painted it - even the metal seat brackets!!  it looked awesome... and still does.  i've been amazed at how it's held up!

center console lid while in progress:

IMG_3081.thumb.JPG.6095e4fa2ffa9c6c1185fd21f4500e96.JPG

finished door panel

IMG_3083.thumb.JPG.5c08d65e45fd4b9cba9fa35a254a9718.JPG

and everything reinstalled.  some of the greys look different, but that's from different materials and how the light bounces off of them.  like i said - the interior still looks the same today!

** i hadn't done the center console when i took these pics - but it matches and still looks awesome!

IMG_9373.thumb.JPG.048d49bdb8be85d1337fbbe673e4a517.JPG

IMG_0551.thumb.JPG.a343ec8b9b46156f6cf20de07e63f9b6.JPG

• Like 6

Just posting today, but I installed my new bumper over the weekend.  I raptor lined the bumper and painted the inserts red.  Before  I put the new bumper on, I textured the corner of the truck behind the bumper and under the tailgate.  Finally I painted my tips on my muffler to make them a glossy black over the matte black. I am going to raptor line the side steps next.  

Quite honestly, don't cannot believe how thin and cheep the stock bumper is...  

Screenshot_20210420-220528_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-220546_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-220519_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-220620_Video Player.jpg

Edited by jaimeastin
Add bumper brand
  • Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 10:25 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

No issues with that... Just stay int he slow lane.  I don't care, when I lead, I move back to he slow lane.  I leave the passing lane open, always. 

We almost got in an accident because a texter lost control in front of us, ran offroad from the left lane to the right shoulder, then back to the left shoulder... Thankfully I avoided all as I passed... After that, I had to get a massage at our destination... I was so tense.  People need to pay attention.  I don't care about speed, it's the damn texters or people watching tv on their phone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2