Jump to content

What have you done to your K2 today?


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, jpinoy said:

Finished up my aux battery install and LED strip engine bay add-on. Red wire-loom makes for contrast, but I might switch it back to black. 

My original LED engine bay lights were ok, used 2 Eagle eye LED in the front radiator frame, they fit perfectly(pain to put in). I just needed more light :)

I use the Keyline 300amp Isolator for future upgrades down the road. H6 Interstate battery from Costco, MTA 0300839 positive bus bar, but will also be adding a 4-relay/12 fuse block, just need to make a mounting plate for it.

Not finish with all the final routing, need to make it cleaner. Will probably also move the fuse that's hanging onto the back firewall. Just used the previous spot I had my fuse for my amp mounted.

 

423944256_766047961697091_5723348345559009497_n.thumb.jpg.768c28e18839888f23ad7dfb1832f931.jpg

 

423944205_737158188389924_1076121781060706663_n.thumb.jpg.a73c9156d044ab54a18efe0ad6a07e94.jpg

 

426829811_2636499233182697_3516004806779067301_n.thumb.jpg.d12ba6b78a22d67a110b367ddb4d0962.jpg

 

423944215_1508198366578786_3371667829314448957_n.thumb.jpg.403472a03de2fb48a34d18e5dcfd5d0f.jpg

 

426978189_1026673018437028_5882219932594468394_n.thumb.jpg.d74e52758200c60337c4f1882ad5b607.jpg

 

426828269_780489623968849_208218750770543542_n.thumb.jpg.9f4ce8ce9259d0588deab9acae985b33.jpg

 

LED strips off

Before_3_LED_plus_2_spot_LED.thumb.jpg.6f93be080b29e5140696b71ad18ff851.jpg

And after turning them on...

After_3_LED_plus_2_spot_LED.thumb.jpg.092159932e8effd5368d94dde517c75d.jpg

 

After_2_spot_LED.thumb.jpg.7e37740a878fcdf6a2f37fb349ebeb2c.jpg

 

God where were you when I did the dual battery and under hood lights on my truck last year 🤣 looks great though, well done, I didn’t go as in depth with my wiring as I wanted to isolate the two systems for off-road equipment and leave the starting battery alone. I’ll have to get back on here and post. I haven’t updated anything on the forum in at least a year. 

Edited by VanguardK2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, jpinoy said:

Finished up my aux battery install and LED strip engine bay add-on. Red wire-loom makes for contrast, but I might switch it back to black. 

My original LED engine bay lights were ok, used 2 Eagle eye LED in the front radiator frame, they fit perfectly(pain to put in). I just needed more light :)

I use the Keyline 300amp Isolator for future upgrades down the road. H6 Interstate battery from Costco, MTA 0300839 positive bus bar, but will also be adding a 4-relay/12 fuse block, just need to make a mounting plate for it.

Not finish with all the final routing, need to make it cleaner. Will probably also move the fuse that's hanging onto the back firewall. Just used the previous spot I had my fuse for my amp mounted.

 

423944256_766047961697091_5723348345559009497_n.thumb.jpg.768c28e18839888f23ad7dfb1832f931.jpg

 

423944205_737158188389924_1076121781060706663_n.thumb.jpg.a73c9156d044ab54a18efe0ad6a07e94.jpg

 

426829811_2636499233182697_3516004806779067301_n.thumb.jpg.d12ba6b78a22d67a110b367ddb4d0962.jpg

 

423944215_1508198366578786_3371667829314448957_n.thumb.jpg.403472a03de2fb48a34d18e5dcfd5d0f.jpg

 

426978189_1026673018437028_5882219932594468394_n.thumb.jpg.d74e52758200c60337c4f1882ad5b607.jpg

 

426828269_780489623968849_208218750770543542_n.thumb.jpg.9f4ce8ce9259d0588deab9acae985b33.jpg

 

LED strips off

Before_3_LED_plus_2_spot_LED.thumb.jpg.6f93be080b29e5140696b71ad18ff851.jpg

And after turning them on...

After_3_LED_plus_2_spot_LED.thumb.jpg.092159932e8effd5368d94dde517c75d.jpg

 

After_2_spot_LED.thumb.jpg.7e37740a878fcdf6a2f37fb349ebeb2c.jpg

 

Come on over and wire mine up next 😀

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, VanguardK2 said:

God where were you when I did the dual battery and under hood lights on my truck last year 🤣 looks great though, well done, I didn’t go as in depth with my wiring as I wanted to isolate the two systems for off-road equipment and leave the starting battery alone. I’ll have to get back on here and post. I haven’t updated anything on the forum in at least a year. 

😅 I've been hanging around the other 'Add Dual Battery' thread for like 2  years collecting parts and they just sat around. I installed my battery tray 2yrs ago hoping that would get me going, but nope.. 😂

 

With the isolator, I can now move all my add-ons to the aux battery and leave the main battery alone. I like that it disconnects the main battery when it reaches 12.8v.   I had a battery maintainer cable on the main battery, but per the isolator diagram, it shows it on the aux battery, so did it that way and it ends up charging both batteries.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Come on over and wire mine up next 😀

Took me over 2 year just to get around to doing mine.. parts were just sitting there like 'hey, do you even remember what you bought us for?!" 😂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2024 at 12:26 PM, Ge0rge said:

Finally got around to washing it, first real wash since Spring 2023. Also rewrapped the emblems to black.
 

 

IMG_9765.jpeg

I might be trading this truck in within the next few days, nothings guaranteed but I do have money holding a new truck. I am not sure how I feel about giving this thing up, it was my first truck, and it has served me well. If I do part with it, I only hope the next owner treats it as well as I have.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Ge0rge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let my 98 C/K stay at home today because the weather is almost 60 degrees here in Iowa.   Drove the 18 Denali to work and it turned over to 44k today! Man I love the power of the this thing, (compared to my 1998 5.7L 255 HP monster!!!) Also, with it being tuned, I love how it doesn't go in and out of 4 cylinder mode. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished the 1st of 2 radio relocation pieces. For the 2014 and 18 sierra. Will be working on the Ipad dash piece in a month or so. I have to finish the second radio piece first. Then change some wiring. 

20240315_200600.thumb.jpg.89e84c2c0abbec4b48f5e3828367592e.jpg

 

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 99silveradoz71 said:

^That looks like a heck of an undertaking. 

Not too bad. I by no means am a body man, but I think it came out good. The ipad dash piece is a bit more involved. Will see how that turns out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2024 at 1:38 PM, Ge0rge said:

I might be trading this truck in within the next few days, nothings guaranteed but I do have money holding a new truck. I am not sure how I feel about giving this thing up, it was my first truck, and it has served me well. If I do part with it, I only hope the next owner treats it as well as I have.

 

 

 

 

Look's Good It's a 23 , How many miles on it . KEEP IT , Cheaper then New one. UNLESS you what a New ONE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

just changed the tank fuel pump  and it was giving me p0172and p0175 codes  find out the high-pressure pump is leaking so change that all good for now

Edited by david clodgoe
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while! Haven't really done too much, but my truck definitely is getting pampered this week (while my wallet is not). With the snow and salt hopefully gone for the season, I crossed a couple items off my bucket list:

  • Reapplied Krown to a couple of spots that needed attention on the frame and opened up the plugs and re-sprayed the inside of the rockers just to be safe.
  • Got brand new OEM 6" black rectangular steps and I am in LOVE with them. I had some Steelcraft 4X Series nerf bars before and while I did like them, 4+ years in Michigan finally took a toll on them. I plan to refinish them and sell them
  • Paint correction and waxing coming this weekend! 🙂


IMG_5153.thumb.jpg.bc8839ff9764384712465db664b7d1e3.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.