What have you done to your K2 today?

2bcb0da4ff8549695f8a2bc17f691210.jpg

Finally got around to installing this beauty. Happy birthday to me [emoji51]

Were you able to retain the steering wheel controls? Also, can you wire it up to think you’re in park? I used to do that on a lot of pioneer in-dash systems, easy fix to have full access to everything while moving. I wasn’t sure if that’s even a possibility in today’s world haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Were you able to retain the steering wheel controls? Also, can you wire it up to think you’re in park? I used to do that on a lot of pioneer in-dash systems, easy fix to have full access to everything while moving. I wasn’t sure if that’s even a possibility in today’s world haha.

I was able to retain the steering wheel functions. You can even have them programmed to do a little more than they did. I did bypass the parking brake using the pac TR7. Had to cut one wire and splice the other three for that.

However. The only thing i seem to have lost is some functionality of the DIC. I’ll try to make short video of “what you lose” later after work.

• Like 1

I was able to retain the steering wheel functions. You can even have them programmed to do a little more than they did. I did bypass the parking brake using the pac TR7. Had to cut one wire and splice the other three for that.  However. The only thing i seem to have lost is some functionality of the DIC. I’ll try to make short video of “what you lose” later after work.

Nice! The parking brake bypass is exactly what I was talking about!  

I think some nice vinyl cut over those illuminated squares would really help the look of that head unit. It would let them blend away and not look as awkward as they do...

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, WSFD6107 said:

After hours of searching for an under seat storage system that would work with my factory sub, I finally decided to make my own storage box. With some 5/8" scrap plywood, "L" brackets, automotive carpet, and a couple hours of measuring with cardboard mock ups, here are the final results.

Pic1.JPG

pic2a.JPG

Here are the plans for those of you that were interested in them. Drawing is not to scale, but measurements are correct. Side pieces go behind the front piece, so the front piece of 33 1/2" is your total width. Drivers side secures to the seat mounting bolt. there is enough room to thread a lock nut on there. Center side secures to the sub mounting bracket. I will post pics of securement next.

pic9.JPG

pic8.JPG

pic1.JPG

Edited by WSFD6107
incorrect measurement
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, WSFD6107 said:

Here are the plans for those of you that were interested in them. Drawing is not to scale, but measurements are correct. Side pieces go behind the front piece, so the front piece of 33 1/2" is your total width. Drivers side secures to the seat mounting bolt. there is enough room to thread a lock nut on there. Center side secures to the sub mounting bracket. I will post pics of securement next.

pic9.JPG

pic8.JPG

I used a flat "eye" bolt type securement for the drivers side and a "L" bracket to secure to the sub mounting bracket.

pic4.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic1.JPG

Edited by WSFD6107
incorrect measurement

3 minutes ago, WSFD6107 said:

I used a flat "eye" bolt type securement for the drivers side and a "L" bracket to secure to the sub mounting bracket.

pic4.JPG

pic2.JPG

Carpet is straight forward automotive carpet (Oreilys Auto Parts). Stapled to the back side of the board, then cut a piece to cover inside of board that covers all the staples and secured with adhesive spray glue. Hope this helps anyone planning this project.

6 hours ago, WSFD6107 said:

Carpet is straight forward automotive carpet (Oreilys Auto Parts). Stapled to the back side of the board, then cut a piece to cover inside of board that covers all the staples and secured with adhesive spray glue. Hope this helps anyone planning this project.

Edited by WSFD6107

I ended up not liking the Borla ProXS muffler and dual tips out rear I had a shop do two years ago. I had them install a Flowmaster 40 and cut my pipes to create over axle dumps.

I’m grinning ear to ear now when I drive!

514e67da5ef13c98cd938d1f8e472269.jpg

I went ahead and got the rest of the windows tinted... Well... Darker. I got the front ones done last year. Got the back doors and the back window to 5% this time around.

No one's seeing in this ride. [emoji23]

f6f38f2a4379f3567550ec50305c8687.jpg3456071a0708dbdade90f0049205294b.jpg16a765e57c2fa7aff14566f051ac18ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Edited by jpinoy

I went ahead and got the rest of the windows tinted... Well... Darker. I got the front ones done last year. Got the back doors and the back window to 5% this time around.

No one's seeing in this ride. [emoji23]f6f38f2a4379f3567550ec50305c8687.jpg3456071a0708dbdade90f0049205294b.jpg16a765e57c2fa7aff14566f051ac18ad.jpg

Did you put 20% or 5% over the factory tint? I currently have the driver and passenger windows matching factory and full windshield at 35%. I am planning on getting the back doors and windshield done soon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you put 20% or 5% over the factory tint? I currently have the driver and passenger windows matching factory and full windshield at 35%. I am planning on getting the back doors and windshield done soon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had the guy put 5% over the factory tint. My driver and passenger windows are at 20%, plus a 6" strip at the top of the front window.

• Like 1

7cd4a1cef013ce20fc4b2c502e5ee714.jpgb91958165a090b8b811332705c989483.jpg

5a08db9455cf6c7b80bcf40c0c9a742a.jpgd12ef0233917ae39417fe8409e825b85.jpg

Finished de badging the tailgate. Gonna paint the bow tie once i have time to match the painted front bow tie. Finally installed my k & n cold air that has been sitting in my back seat for a week.

Oh and got her all cleaned up today too [emoji106]

Been wanting to install footwell lights ever since I bought the truck last week. Couldn't wait any longer for the LED strips to arrive so I ran to the auto parts store and bought some just before they closed. Forgot the wire so I had to run to Home Depot as they are open late. Got home, forgot the t-tap to tap into the dome me lighting, so back to Home Depot just before they close at 10PM. My projects always require at least three trips to the hardware store. 3 hours later and I finally finished the fronts!

IMG_20180407_233827.jpg

Edited by ChristopherDB
  • Like 6