What have you done to your K2 today?

1 hour ago, vonrokker said:

Can you show a pic of where you mounted the led light strips under the dash on both sides?

For the driver's side, I couldn't find a flat surface to mount the strip on, so I wrapped it around the A/C vent which gave it plenty of brightness. For the passenger side it stuck perfectly to the plastic cover below the glove box by the feet. You can only see the strip if you put your head down by the floor mat. 

IMG_20180410_125937.thumb.jpg.0de326b0b003961fb507f3afa9ec4dde.jpgIMG_20180410_130026.thumb.jpg.b13bd1a65d1c8fc6d5e27156afd63568.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChristopherDB said:

For the driver's side, I couldn't find a flat surface to mount the strip on, so I wrapped it around the A/C vent which gave it plenty of brightness. For the passenger side it stuck perfectly to the plastic cover below the glove box by the feet. You can only see the strip if you put your head down by the floor mat. 

IMG_20180410_125937.thumb.jpg.0de326b0b003961fb507f3afa9ec4dde.jpgIMG_20180410_130026.thumb.jpg.b13bd1a65d1c8fc6d5e27156afd63568.jpg

Thanks!!!

i'm looking to do the led floor lighting. .but i want like a single style led .. instead of the strips.... dont get me wrong.. you did an awesome job!

quick question..... do you daisy chain the wires?... then go to the dome light?.. meaning.. each led strip has a black and red... .can you tie them all together then vampire tap to the grey dome wire?

something like these..  https://www.amazon.com/LEDMIRCY-Rock-Green-Kit-Waterproof/dp/B01MECII60/ref=lp_15736411_1_21?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1523389825&sr=1-21

not green.. possibly red..or white.

Edited by Crstfr

With the help of pgamboa’s thread about tow mirror upgrade I swapped the manual tow mirror for the power fold. And swapped out the amber running lamps for the smoked colored lenses.

I was one of the lucky few that all I had to do was change out the door switch and swap the mirrors since my truck came with the manual fold tow mirrors from the factory.

8321C077-1C1F-498C-9B17-A79E2334A3CC.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b-garage said:

With the help of pgamboa’s thread about tow mirror upgrade I swapped the manual tow mirror for the power fold. And swapped out the amber running lamps for the smoked colored lenses.

I was one of the lucky few that all I had to do was change out the door switch and swap the mirrors since my truck came with the manual fold tow mirrors from the factory.

Where did you get those smoked lenses? Are they OEM or do they fit OEM?

I also swapped with pgamboa's wiring and couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Penguin VII said:

Where did you get those smoked lenses? Are they OEM or do they fit OEM?

I also swapped with pgamboa's wiring and couldn't be happier.

Boost Auto has them. They fit right in, newer model mirrors have different connectors so I had to get the pig tail wiring as well and do some soldering.

Boost Auto has them. They fit right in, newer model mirrors have different connectors so I had to get the pig tail wiring as well and do some soldering.

I looked at them. I considered buying. Good to know they have a good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk