What have you done to your K2 today?

Installed a gloss black vinyl emblem overlay, not too sure how I feel about it. I messed up on a couple spots and you can see the red. I may end up peeling them off and spray painting them.
3a414ccf893f669b0d9cde316d849ce7.jpg85ac6a22ab0357f11bb061ba37933623.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChristopherDB said:

Been wanting to install footwell lights ever since I bought the truck last week. Couldn't wait any longer for the LED strips to arrive so I ran to the auto parts store and bought some just before they closed. Forgot the wire so I had to run to Home Depot as they are open late. Got home, forgot the t-tap to tap into the dome me lighting, so back to Home Depot just before they close at 10PM. My projects always require at least three trips to the hardware store. 3 hours later and I finally finished the fronts!

IMG_20180407_233827.jpg

That is slick... Where did you tap into the dome lights? Would love to do this myself this weekend!

19 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

That is slick... Where did you tap into the dome lights? Would love to do this myself this weekend!

I tapped into the wire demonstrated in this video: 

I then shined a light from the driver side through the font of the console and from the passenger side I could see the light shining through and used a fish tape to pull the wire through to power the LED strip for the passenger feet.

These were the LED strips I picked up locally, which matched perfectly with the factory LED dome lighting. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/alpena-ezlink-flexled-24-starter-flexible-led-light-strip-kit-white-77066/11579331-P?searchTerm=77066

Edited by ChristopherDB
  • Like 1

Dropped my truck off at the dealer again for coolant fogging up interior. Last week they replaced the radiator and thermostat for too many thermocycles but the issue was still there. I got the call today it will be $1,100 for the heater core. GM offered about $100 towards the repair. I'm disappointed to say the least. 

20180404_230809.jpg

On 4/7/2018 at 8:53 PM, ChristopherDB said:

Been wanting to install footwell lights ever since I bought the truck last week. Couldn't wait any longer for the LED strips to arrive so I ran to the auto parts store and bought some just before they closed. Forgot the wire so I had to run to Home Depot as they are open late. Got home, forgot the t-tap to tap into the dome me lighting, so back to Home Depot just before they close at 10PM. My projects always require at least three trips to the hardware store. 3 hours later and I finally finished the fronts!

IMG_20180407_233827.jpg

Did mine in green. Matches the rain forest green truck

20170130_182027.jpg

• Like 3

Went to the Roll-N-Lock headquarters today to have them install the E-Series automatic tonneau cover. Very nice people over there. Next project is to integrate the Somfy motor to the Homelink button so I don't have to use the wireless fob. Attached is video.

videocompress-023-VID_20180409_191508.mp4

On 4/7/2018 at 10:53 PM, ChristopherDB said:

IMG_20180407_233827.jpg

Can you show a pic of where you mounted the led light strips under the dash on both sides?