I have a 07' 2500hd classic. A couple weeks ago I changed the power steering gear box due to a leak. I changed the box and a couple of new symptoms occurred. The truck would pull to the right and it was easy to steer to the right and hard to the left. I took the truck in to get an alignment and after replacing a bad ball joint (passenger side lower), idler arm, and tie rod (driver), the shop could not get the truck to stop pulling to the right and the steering is still easy to the right and hard to the left. The shop performed all the steering component work besides the gear box. The shop is reputable and well trusted.

The shop thought that I should warranty the gear box and try a different reman unit. So after changing my box a second time, the same symptoms continued and shop tried aligning again but still no dice.

The box is a 33 spline sector napa reman unit.

Since then Ive also checked for brake issues (to see if brake is holding), changed power steering dampener, sway bar links (not intending that this was causing the issue).

Because this issue started after I changed the box the first time, how likely is it that I received a bad gear box twice?? Any other ideas?

Archived