Trivial annoyances about your truck

beetle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love mine, amazing gas mileage for a truck, plenty of interior room, just wish it was so sluggish pulling away after a complete stop

Yep, transmission definitely is sluggish, and mine is running around 190-degrees in daytime temps only in the upper 80s.

The Drivers Info screen should have a 4X4 selection readout. I don't like having to rely on the small lights on the knob. Especially after someone else drives the truck. I always have to check this and the parking brake. Ive heard stories of guys driving for miles with the P- brake set.

no, I DONT have a 4" lift, my truck is 100% factory.

im talking about chevy building these trucks sitting 4" higher off the ground they they always did before 2006 so with these new trucks you need assist steps to comfortably get into them on a stock factory truck

I went from a 2003 Sierra to my 2014 Silverado, and I installed nerf bars last weekend, anticipating short people needing them to get into the passenger's side. I find myself using the one on the driver's side a lot, and i am 6'1".

Hey XYZ, love the avatar. Isn't that Sara Palins... stunt double? But yeah your right about needing nerf bars. These seat bolsters make it hard to get in and out of these trucks. That plus the fact that God built the ground too close to my ass.

You people that say they are slow taking off need to look at your dash to see if that little light is flashing ( that would be the traction control light ) or smoke rolling off your tires. All my other rides are high performance, this one satisfies.

it doesnt have anything to do with traction control. its just the engine and throttle response by the computer. ive driven a ton of vehicles and gm's are the worst about having a hard to push, slow to respond throttle. it will go when it finally realizes you want it to though. i have a 6.2 denali and porting the TB helped a lot in initial throttle response.

I have some of the same trivial concerns as some...

~ Tailgate should lock with all the other locks (I know there is an aftermarket way)

~ Auto up windows should be on al windows

~ Should have a dashboard adjustment for the headlights (my 2012 Tundra had it...)

~ Steering wheel control buttons are too small

~ Want a floor / console shifter... I'll give up the storage space for it...

~ Pedals don't move far enough forward

~ Seat adjustments aren't enough in all positions (up / down/ forward / backwards)

~ Drive tran feels clunky

Plus one that bugs the HELL out of me every time I drive it... Drive by wire... I hate the lack of feedback from the front wheels to my hands through the steering wheel.

By far my biggest complaint (that is trivial) is the auto door locks. My 2010 had a setting where the doors wouldn't lock until it was going 7 or 9mph (or something like that) which was perfect. So, obviously, it needed changing.

Try towing a trailer through a field with multiple gates. Drives me nuts. To the point where I will consider something different next time.

Simon, just in case you aren't already aware, if you pull the door handle twice the door will open. First one unlocks it, second opens. I'm not a fan of the auto locks either, or at least that you can't set a setting to your liking for it, but that's the work around.

Yep. and we use that. The trouble with that is when you move again the door locks, then you pull up 20 feet for someone to get back in the truck. Unlock, then it relocks when you move again.

Mine is probably a specialized application (pulling various trailers through multiple gates in a cattle operation) so it is worse for me than 95% of people. But the way it used to be was absolutely perfect.

On older trucks I had issues with the door locks ceasing to work. These things cycle more in a day than those did in a week or probably two.

Edited to add this:

The best workaround I have found is leaving my door open. The locks won't cycle with the driver's door open. When I talked to the GMC rep (yes, I took it that far), I told her to tell her lawyers who made this decision that I ride through the field with my door open. I also told my wife if my truck is in the trees in gear and I'm lying in the field run over, she will know what happened.

By far my biggest complaint (that is trivial) is the auto door locks. My 2010 had a setting where the doors wouldn't lock until it was going 7 or 9mph (or something like that) which was perfect. So, obviously, it needed changing.

Try towing a trailer through a field with multiple gates. Drives me nuts. To the point where I will consider something different next time.

I think you can change the auto lock setting. To either "at speed" or "in gear." I believe it is set to "in gear" by default. Check the system settings.

fondupot, unless there is a new version of system software, I don't believe that option is available. Trust me, I have scoured the options and raised a surprising amount of heck with dealer and GMC rep. They all told me to pound sand, which obviously is their prerogative.

If there is a new version of the software that offers that option, I will click my heels and send you a virtual sixer of your choice. And my satisfaction with this truck would increase far more than it would for any sane/rational person.

If you have the auto locks on so it unlocks as soon as you put it in Park then wouldn't that help you? Unless you don't put the truck in Park everytime you stop and just use the parking brake. I myself would rather put it in park than to rely on the parking brake, especially if you don't push the pedal all the way to the floor.

He's talking about letting in or out a passenger--not exiting the vehicle himself with the thing in drive.

While I must say most annoyances people have brought up in this thread are rather trivial IMHO, this one is a SERIOUS PITA! for anybody who works or lives on a farm or ranch. It's sad everybody at GM is so disconnected with the "rural" customers they claim to like to target that they didn't know how infuriating this stupid "feature" would be to people not in the suburbs.....

Archived