How long are you going to keep your truck?

LaserBlueZ71

Well, I am planning on keeping it as long as I can.

There are a lot of good things I like about it and then there are things i wish I had if I had another vehicle.

Some of the options on my truck, you can't get with even an upgraded LT model today.

We will see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as she lasts. She has 85xxx right now and I would like to get 200k out of her. Maybe after about 5 years I'll get something newer and my wife can drive the 03Silverado.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my 08 Silverado used about 3 months ago with about 213,000KM on it. Very solid truck so far with a few minor issues I need to fix up like the driver side rear door lock actuator not working and an oil leak from the valve cover and oil pan.

Pan to do the required repairs to get 70-80,000Km out of it or about 2-3 years and then want to look at something in a little better condition physically and a little lower Km's on it to start. Would also like it to be a Sierra instead of a Silverado.

• 6 months later...

Considering what I just dumped into it(replace some scratched cabin trim, new head unit and speakers, Z71 steering wheel, ordering a metal skid plate soon as they show back up on ebay, new tires and all new TPM sensors before snow hits) to make it more to my liking, a while longer. Might run it to 200k, but that would take 6 years.

Bought this one brand new and have every intention of keeping it until she rots. Then I will fix her all back up and keep right on driving. Eventually I plan on an additional truck, probably 2500 or 3500 but I have my '76, this '06 and I will only keep adding to the collection vs trading.

Famous last words....roughly 8.5 years was the total...before it was totaled.

Same plan for the "new" truck.

I figure I'll be buried in my truck. Gonna keep this one forever, it's basically a part of me at this point. Ive done so much work and sank so much money in this truck, it's paid for and doesn't owe me anything. She just got a new built engine and trans, and diffs will be done soon so I have no worries about how long it'll last. Parts can be replaced and I know this thing inside and out. I'll probably end up with a new one at some point, but this one aint going no where. Hell it's tattooed on my arm for a reason ;)

F8BD15A5-5ECC-4F0C-AE54-E45993373F12.jpg

I figure I'll be buried in my truck. Gonna keep this one forever, it's basically a part of me at this point. Ive done so much work and sank so much money in this truck, it's paid for and doesn't owe me anything. She just got a new built engine and trans, and diffs will be done soon so I have no worries about how long it'll last. Parts can be replaced and I know this thing inside and out. I'll probably end up with a new one at some point, but this one aint going no where. Hell it's tattooed on my arm for a reason ;)

F8BD15A5-5ECC-4F0C-AE54-E45993373F12.jpg

That looks incredible

Currently have an 08 with about 107k miles....will keep it until I get an offer on a new one that I can't refuse.

Famous last words....roughly 8.5 years was the total...before it was totaled.

Same plan for the "new" truck.

What happened? Did I miss the post elsewhere? Anyway, hope everyone is alright.

Archived