2014 Sierra steering wheel clicking noise

I've had my all-terrain for 4 months. The second day I had it, I had to bring it back to the dealer and have the exhaust replaced because of a bad tuning valve. A month in I had to fix the drivers seat with hose clamps. Now I have a clicking noise in the steering wheel when turning. I've owned 9 GM trucks and this will be my last. I currently have 6700 miles and barely get enough time off to keep up with all the recalls.

The seat would shift and make a clicking noise while turning. Have not had a chance to get the steering will looked at. It just started. It takes a couple weeks to get into the dealership. They're backed up working on recalls.

not sure if yours and I steering problem is the same but GM just repalced my entire steering wheel assembly due to some broken parts. 2 day job .

Not exactly sure what that is but if you want I can give you word for word on the service reciept. ( its at home)

The clicking was only heard when car was not moving . Either left or right.

Mine seems to be working better now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2014 with a leveling kit. The Rack has been replaced Twice . The light clicking noise in the steering column is from the gear box in the Rack. It's been back to the dealer approx. 15 times.

I have a 2014 with a leveling kit. The Rack has been replaced Twice . The light clicking noise in the steering column is from the gear box in the Rack. It's been back to the dealer approx. 15 times.

was it covered under warranty? did they give you any crap about the leveling kit maybe causing the issue?

I have the same problem but am worried they wont cover it since i have a leveling kit on.

Shit just another thing to add to the list to worry about happening. I have a very annoying rattle that I thought was coming from my steering column while hitting little bumps, but I couldn't find it so I'm thinking its coming from the steering wheel. Tried taking the air bag off to check, but I cant figure out how the spring clips work on the back.

ya and its a very unsettling one... not sure why they recalled only a handful of these to correct the issue. steering seems pretty important

Maybe it was only certain batches that were known to go defective?

yea i think you're right. looks like the assemblers werent tightening the tie rod nut going into the rack, which is probably a separate issue from what we are experiencing now. either way its pretty unacceptable in my book and i hope they cover it.

6,400 2014 truck were effected . This is what has been replaced to date . Shifting seat . (2) steering Racks, (1) pair of struts due to clunking when turning. Rear springs still drive me crazy with the popping. Left front clicking noise still comes from both wheels on the driver side( I think it has to do with traction control) paint chipping of in small 1/8 circles. A whistling noise that come from the front of the intake( not the direct injection) and now I think the left rear axle seal is leaking. One thing after another with this truck!

6,400 2014 truck were effected . This is what has been replaced to date . Shifting seat . (2) steering Racks, (1) pair of struts due to clunking when turning. Rear springs still drive me crazy with the popping. Left front clicking noise still comes from both wheels on the driver side( I think it has to do with traction control) paint chipping of in small 1/8 circles. A whistling noise that come from the front of the intake( not the direct injection) and now I think the left rear axle seal is leaking. One thing after another with this truck!

Wait until you get more miles, Mine has over 70,000kms and Ive had a lot done too, including leaking valve cover, transmission oil cooler line and engine oil cooler line.

Archived