2014 GMC Sierra Lift and Tire build

Hey ,

New on here and am looking for information regarding a lift I am thinking of doing and potential engine, exhaust, intake and rim/tire packages.

I currently own a 2014 black All terrain 5.3 CCLB and love it. I am looking at a Camburg 2.5 factory kit, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this kit and the tire sizes that are able to fit under it. I am not looking to go too much larger just 1-2 sizes.

I have also looked into exhaust/fuel/intake setups. I am looking for Mid tone, just a couple Db over stock. Any suggestions?

I have ordered the RX CC and will be installing it when it comes. This forum has a great write up on the necessaries, but I am looking for help on these items.

Stock tire size is 275/55/R20. Is there a rule of thumb when increasing tire size?

Also one other niche question... the Camburg guys mention that if my upper a-arm is aluminum the new a-arm will not fit. Does anyone know how a guy could tell other than taking a magnet to it. I am not near the truck a the moment to check but I do have the Vin number.

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to fit 33" no problem and possibly up to a 34" if its not too wide. Also depends on your rims.

I have a Jones turbine 3030xl with the resonator removed and the exhaust flapper help open and it sounds great. There are a few option for quieter mufflers, you could go with an 18" magnaflow as well.

Most people get away with running up 285/60r20 with approx 2-3" of lift. Any wider and you will most likely need wheel spacers/offset rims.

You can tell if your a arms are aluminum if they look like they are aluminum, they will be grey in color instead of black. You can also try sticking a magnet to them, if it sticks they're steel. Being that you have a crew cab long box I would guess they are steel. GM was weird about what trucks got aluminum and what trucks got steel. My crew cab short box has aluminum.

Aluminum arms

gm-alum-steel-components.jpg

You should be able to fit 33" no problem and possibly up to a 34" if its not too wide. Also depends on your rims.

I have a Jones turbine 3030xl with the resonator removed and the exhaust flapper help open and it sounds great. There are a few option for quieter mufflers, you could go with an 18" magnaflow as well.

Most people get away with running up 285/60r20 with approx 2-3" of lift. Any wider and you will most likely need wheel spacers/offset rims.

You can tell if your a arms are aluminum if they look like they are aluminum, they will be grey in color instead of black. You can also try sticking a magnet to them, if it sticks they're steel. Being that you have a crew cab long box I would guess they are steel. GM was weird about what trucks got aluminum and what trucks got steel. My crew cab short box has aluminum.

Aluminum arms

gm-alum-steel-components.jpg

Wow, excellent post. Thank you for the feedback.

What does everyone suggest for a semi aggressive tire. Best of both worlds kind of tire. I hear people like the BFG All terrains, have people liked the new K02 version? Do they turn to hockey pucks in the winter time?

Thanks,

Archived