Anyone else getting the run around on warranty service?

I just spoke with my service advisor....Everything is done BUT the Nav database. He asked if they could keep it until Monday afternoon as there are 2 vehicles in front of me. Not a problem...I will continue to rack up miles on the new LT loaner!

Any GM dealership can do GM warranty work, badge on the vehicle doesn't matter. Sounds like the first stealership lied to you and just didn't want to do the job.....Gotta love these service departments and there "tech's" that know nothing!

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Took my truck in yesterday for the seat shifting issue and my right rear shock was leaking. They fixed the seat but said the shock was dry (obviously didn't even look at it). When I got in my truck the seat didn't squeak like it use to. This morning, its squeaking just like it did before but hasn't shifted at all. I'll drive it and see how it goes and they'll be looking at my shock on my next oil change with me standing beside them. Dealers really don't want to change shocks out (I've had this issue with a dodge dealer in town too).

My shock has a nice film on it that dust builds up on...tell me how that is considered "dry". I'm no expert but I don't think shocks should have a film on them constantly.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes today at 474 miles i was refused a fix for my rear end "Clunk" when shifting from r to d or d to r 2015 GMC Sierra 474 miles , i was handed a service bulletin stating its normal in all GM vehicles? WOW!

That's the noise the slip yoke makes. You can lube it but all trucks do it to some extent. A coworker's F150 does it too. He pulls out the yoke and greases it and it goes away.

Mine does it if I park on a slope without applying the parking brake. If I apply the brake before putting it in park, itdoesn't clunk going into reverse.

FYI..

GM Customer Care and Aftersales

*URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY*

DATE: November 4, 2010

SUBJECT: Do Not use Slip Yoke Grease from Bulletin #09-04-17-002C on 4WD Vehicles.

MODELS: 2007 – 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Series

2008 – 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe 1500 Series

2007 – 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Series

2008 – 2009 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL 1500 Series

Equipped with 4WD (RPO NQG, NQH)

TO: Chevrolet/GMC Dealers

ATTN: Service Manager and Parts Manager

A new grease, part # 19257121 (in Canada, 19257122), was recently released for lubrication of slip yoke splines to repair a condition of a bump feel or clunk noise at stop or from launch on the vehicles equipped with 4L60 Automatic Transmission (RPO M30) and 2WD. Please see Bulletin # 09-04-17-002C for details.

Do not use the new grease for lubrication of slip yoke splines on 4WD vehicles. The output shaft in a 4WD transfer case does not have a grease retainer to keep the grease from migrating into the transfer case and mixing with the fluid inside. The new grease is not compatible with the Automatic Transmission fluid used in the transfer case and can cause damage if mixed. Lubricate the splines on 4WD vehicles with Automatic Transmission Fluid, P/N 88861003 (in Canada, 88861004). Please refer to Bulletin # 09-04-21-003B for repairing the bump feel or clunk noise condition on 4WD vehicles.

A frustrating thing about GM that we learned the hard way. We bought a Mercury, and since the Ford dealer was closer, we had all our warranty work done at the Ford dealer. No problem.

Naturally, we figured it worked the same way with GM. Bought a Sierra, and the first time it needed warranty work, we took it to the (much) closer Chevy dealer. "Sorry sir, we can't do warranty work on GMC vehicles." Would have bought Chevy had I known that. They had no problems working on it once it was out of warranty.

Maybe the larger dealerships, with both GMC and Chevy under the same ownership, can push papers around so that you can have work done at the closer shop. But I wouldn't count on it when buying.

So weird, in Canada, at least in my area all dealers are Chev/GM dealers. They all sell and service both.

I've had my Silvy worked on for warranty work and paid service at a nearby GMC dealer and the Chevy dealer where I bought it. I have a 2004 GTO and 2001 T/A that we take to the GMC dealer periodically (long time customer at both). GMC service manager offers to work on my sons 2010 Silvy as well, but his is out of warranty. GMC dealer did some warranty work for Chevy dealer's cashier for a recall because Chevy dealer was very busy. And the Chevy dealer did some warranty work on a couple of Cadillac Escalades recently while I was there. I prefer to take the Silvy to the Chevy dealer, but my backup is the GMC dealer if Chevy dealer is too busy. Never an issue...

So weird, in Canada, at least in my area all dealers are Chev/GM dealers. They all sell and service both.

I think it depends on where you are. I have a Chevy and a GM dealer in town. But I know the town North of me they have one dealership for both.

I'm guessing this is part of GM trying to differentiate brands. Seems a bit lame to me.

There were a lot more split ones before the demise of Pontiac and the bankrupcy/restructure.

Archived