I need a good tuner to do an LS engine swap. Need Suggestions

Zoooom

Hello,

So this is my first post here, Don't hate on me if I posted in the wrong forum. :nonod:

I'd like to get a 2000 - 2006 Sierra, and I want to have a 5 speed manual tranny.

and to my knowledge the 5 speed only came for the V6 and the smaller V8 (4.8).

neither one is enough. And that's why I'd like to do an engine swap.

I think I would buy a V6 so I can get it for less.

I'd like to swap it to 6.0 or 6.3 if it fits.

I looked around and googled this, most of what I found were people doing the swap them selfs.

I however, would like a shop or a tuner to do the whole job for me from start to finish.

So basically, once I buy a truck. I would send it to the tuner shop, and then they have a look at it, and tell me what can stay and what has to leave. What engine is best for this application. what tranny .. etc.

Any suggestions? Any personal experiences?

Thanks.

Your post is kind of confusing.....You say you want a V8 but will buy a V6 due to price, then swap it with a 6L V8.

To be honest, it doesn't even make sense. Seems like you don't know what you want and don't know how to go about doing any engine swap.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Easiest way is buy a 6.0 2500 or buy a 4.8 and will be a direct swap. I swaped a 4.8 for 6.0 but kept automatic. You wont get a 6.2 in anythong older than 09 because of different wiring and computer

Black Z71

Yes I don't know how to go about doing an engine swap. I said that clear.

And it's not confusing at all. you'r just * that's all. I said I wanted to buy the V6 for the price.

and then swap for V8. sound clear enough to me. *.

Chris,

Thanks a lot

Black Z71

Yes I don't know how to go about doing an engine swap. I said that clear.

And it's not confusing at all. you'r just * that's all. I said I wanted to buy the V6 for the price.

and then swap for V8. sound clear enough to me. *

Chris,

Thanks a lot

Watch the name calling unless you want a vacation from the site after just joining. Also it's the quickest way for people to ignore you and not offer any help

Pacific Fabrication. They swap V8's into a lot more complicated things... As far as I know they're the best around and will do a great job.

Hint: buy a V8 to begin with if you want one, you'll never recoup the money you saved by getting the v6 and paying someone to swap it. If you did it yourself, maybe.

• 2 years later...
On August 12, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Chris said:

Easiest way is buy a 6.0 2500 or buy a 4.8 and will be a direct swap. I swaped a 4.8 for 6.0 but kept automatic. You wont get a 6.2 in anythong older than 09 because of different wiring and computer

Not true for older than 09'. I did 6.2 swap in 2007 Gmt900

Yes, direct swap. I had a 4l70e with 6.0, swapped 6.2 out of Camaro. 

6.0 was the thing there I believe. My information was given to me was on the basis of the 09+ trucks going 5.3 to a 6.2. The “LSx expert” could have been wrong. But you also dig up a comment from over 2 years ago. I looked into it when I had the opportunity to pick up a ridiculously priced 2010. Guy might not have fed me bullshit because he didn’t want to deal with the swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived