What Air Filter Is Everyone Using?

OP,

For my truck AC Delco has two filters......a HD and a reg. i think the HD has high holding capacity so it can go a long time and probably be better if used on construction sites, dirt and gravel roads....the other I assume is just a good, plain filter.

Yep, one just has deeper pleats. That's the "high capacity air cleaner" on Z71 trucks.

• Like 1

Yep, one just has deeper pleats. That's the "high capacity air cleaner" on Z71 trucks.

Nope, found out they are all using the same exact filter. They do list them as a high capacity air filter on my window sticker for the Z71 package. Just marketing BS left over from previous packages in older series trucks. I checked with every place I could find, and there is only one part number. I ordered it from the GM Dealer parts department. All the same filter and part number. So either they are all high capacity, or none of them are. It does have pretty deep pleats, and a lot of them, so I'd say they are all high capacity.

I get great gas mileage with mine, so I just went with OEM AC Delco to keep everything the same. They were.

Unless he was talking about a 2500 HD? They could have more than one filter. The 1500 with 5.3 only have one per GM Parts.

Edited by Ventilator
  • Like 1

With my low mileage on my Z71, I'm still on the factory filter.

When it's due for a change, I will do the AC Delco High Capacity air filter #A1518C (K47)

• 3 years later...

GM 84520923

Upgrade the performance of your vehicle with this Chevrolet Performance Replacement Air Filter. Rigorously tested for durability, long-term efficiency, and seamless integration, the filter has been tested to reduce airflow restriction by up to 10% at 330-g/s, providing increased performance both on and off road. Built with a performance appearance, this drop-in replacement filter contains 5 less filter pleats, which allows for an increase in airflow performance, and boasts a filter efficiency of 99.5% when tested to ISO5011. This filter requires no additional calibration and does not void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/performance/performance-air-filter-84520923?year=2017&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&categoryId=12009

13 hours ago, NemesisC5 said:

GM 84520923

Upgrade the performance of your vehicle with this Chevrolet Performance Replacement Air Filter. Rigorously tested for durability, long-term efficiency, and seamless integration, the filter has been tested to reduce airflow restriction by up to 10% at 330-g/s, providing increased performance both on and off road. Built with a performance appearance, this drop-in replacement filter contains 5 less filter pleats, which allows for an increase in airflow performance, and boasts a filter efficiency of 99.5% when tested to ISO5011. This filter requires no additional calibration and does not void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/performance/performance-air-filter-84520923?year=2017&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&categoryId=12009

Wholly crap, $125..00 for an air filter.

Is it worth the money?

It is cool looking, but a K&N is less than half the price.

On 4/17/2016 at 9:47 AM, FL335i said:

I'm running the HD High Capacity WIX/Napa Gold. Stock box, stock piping.

Haven’t had to change mine yet, but will be going to the NAPA store and getting the Gold air filter. 

13 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

So, the OEM filters for my 14 and 16, along with our 16 Tahoe are white.

Just ordered one for my 18, and it is yellow/gold, is this comparable/same as the NAPA gold everyone is talking about?

Na, silver, gold platinum like a credit card. Just a good, better, best designation. 

If you promote a K&N filter, you immediately lose all credibility on every subject.  Paying more money for an air filter that filters less from the air is ironic at best, catastrophic at worst.  But hey, if you gotta keep up with the Jones and toss the truck before it's an issue, who cares, right?

• Like 1