What Air Filter Is Everyone Using?

2 hours ago, dukedkt442 said:

If you promote a K&N filter, you immediately lose all credibility on every subject.  Paying more money for an air filter that filters less from the air is ironic at best, catastrophic at worst.  But hey, if you gotta keep up with the Jones and toss the truck before it's an issue, who cares, right?

If that was meant for me, use the quote tab at the bottom of the post.

Since I know have no credibility on any subject, enlighten me on what you use, price, and I will run out and follow your lead

Thank you very much for the subliminal call out......

12 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

If that was meant for me, use the quote tab at the bottom of the post.

Since I know have no credibility on any subject, enlighten me on what you use, price, and I will run out and follow your lead

Thank you very much for the subliminal call out......

How about some actual data?  Sure.

https://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/air-filter-study.html

Just one of the many sources out there showing the exact same thing.  The more air a filter lets through (less restrictive), the less it actually filters.  So, paying more to do less.

I run Napa, Wix or AC Delco.  An air filter filters the air... if it doesn't it's not doing its job.  It's NOT.  THAT.  HARD.  

Like it or not, my record of decades of not having mechanical failures is what credibility is based on, not to mention having to fix everyone else's F-ups (including shops and dealers).  That's what I do, and it's not even my full-time job.  When a vehicle rolls in with some reusable filter or "cold air intake" I rip that crap off and toss it in the trash and charge for the trouble.  So feel free to take the weekend-warrior "I did my own oil change and know what I'm talking about" mindset and combine it with $2 and get a cup of coffee, because that's what 95% of the crap on this forum is worth.

Edited by dukedkt442

26 minutes ago, dukedkt442 said:

Just one of the many sources out there showing the exact same thing.  The more air a filter lets through (less restrictive), the less it actually filters.  So, paying more to do less.

I run Napa, Wix or AC Delco.  An air filter filters the air... if it doesn't it's not doing its job.  It's NOT.  THAT.  HARD.  

Like it or not, my record of decades of not having mechanical failures is what credibility is based on, not to mention having to fix everyone else's F-ups (including shops and dealers).  That's what I do, and it's not even my full-time job.  When a vehicle rolls in with some reusable filter or "cold air intake" I rip that crap off and toss it in the trash and charge for the trouble.  So feel free to take the weekend-warrior "I did my own oil change and know what I'm talking about" mindset and combine it with $2 and get a cup of coffee, because that's what 95% of the crap on this forum is worth.

data using a 23 year old truck and a test done 7 years ago..... thanks for the info! that helps out a lot I guess nothing has changed since then 

30 minutes ago, dukedkt442 said:

So, I guess reading is maybe something you feel is not too important when it comes to everyday interactions.

My quote was, I thought $125.00 was a lot to pay for an air filter, used K&N as an example, not as a guideline everyone on here should use, and also on another post I listed that I do use OEM AC Delco.

And, how would I ever know you "supposedly" have decades of experience with anything not failing? Besides "your word", how would anyone know?

And, how would you ever know what, or what I can not do when it comes to a vehicle, you are a great example of what this forum has become, opinions, and Aholes with them.

2 hours ago, Ak_grown said:

data using a 23 year old truck and a test done 7 years ago..... thanks for the info! that helps out a lot I guess nothing has changed since then 

Sarcastic and ignorant. 

:crackup:

Newton's work with motion in 1687 is still relevant. Those three laws of motion put men on the moon.

Did gravity cease to exist when Newton's apple turned to dust?  

Data?

My data.

I repeat.

I have used K&N in my vehicles, bikes for years.

Have over a million miles on them.

My used truck, the used Accord and my used ATV have them.

Like motor oil, you use what you like.

:)

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I'm pretty sure this place will beat the common sense right out of a guy. 

Some need to have common sense first,  to have it beat out of them......

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Haha 2

I’ve use K&N in every performance vehicle I’ve owned for years. My 92 truck has had one for many years. I put a new one in nine years ago. I never had a problem cleaning and re-oiling. Cones or drop in. Over time they pay for themselves. Some have said they’re not as efficient, maybe I’ve never had a vehicle become a smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I have always lived by the philosophy, you meet two types of people, ones that will make a difference in your life, and the ones who are not worth the time it took to introduce themselves.

• Thanks 1