Does your phone fit in the wireless charger?

I am thinking about ordering new cell phones. hoping for the s7 edge but would like to know if it fits in the wireless charger on our trucks, if not I'll get the normal s7. If you know of a phone that does or does not fit list it for others to know.

I can say that the galaxy s5 and galaxy s6 edge both fit.

Matt, You may want to find out if the s7 or s7 edge will even charge without the console being modified. My note 5 won't charge on the console but works fine on my charging pads at the house. Many others have noted issues as well. Please keep us posted if you find something out.

Galaxy S6E dimensions - 142.1 x 70.1 x 7 mm (5.59 x 2.76 x 0.28 in)

Galaxy S7E dimensions - 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm (5.94 x 2.86 x 0.30 in)

Galaxy S7 dimensions - 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm (5.61 x 2.74 x 0.31 in)

Sourced at gsmarena.com

Matt, You may want to find out if the s7 or s7 edge will even charge without the console being modified. My note 5 won't charge on the console but works fine on my charging pads at the house. Many others have noted issues as well. Please keep us posted if you find something out.

My note 5 and S6 Edge+ charge, I don't use a case on them. My son's S7 edge with a case charges as well. When charging the larger phones remember to put them on the raised part towards the backs seat, you can usually push them forward once they start but it varies based on which phone and case.

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

My S6 active will only charge if it is sitting flat and pushed all the way towards the raised edge on the front of the channel.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for the old thread bump. But does anyone else out there have an S7 edge? I have a fairly slim case and it won't fit in the charger of my '17.

Seems odd in the era of increasing phone sizes that GM made this not hold the phones currently out there.

Granted my wireless charging has sucked in general since I went to Nougat, but I'd rather be mad at Google than GM. :dunno:

Apple hasn't invented wireless charging yet. It'll be the new big thing when they do in a few years . . . :ughdance::jester:

When they do get it at least it's work all the time. They seem to like to make something useful and dependable instead of rushing to market. :cheers:

When they do get it at least it's work all the time. They seem to like to make something useful and dependable instead of rushing to market. :cheers:

You said 'works all the time'... :rollin:

Archived