Chevy to Tesla: "Ours Is Longer"

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-92996200-1473799476_thumb.jpeg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
9-13-2016

Chevy and the Bolt EV put a smack-down on the folks at Tesla today and it isn't the first time. First, it was GM releasing a production version of the Bolt to the press, something Tesla has not yet done with its fourth model, which it calls the Model 3. Next, Chevy came off the top rope with news that its Bolt would be on sale by Fall 2016, possibly years ahead of the Model 3. However, the news today that the EPA has already given its estimate of the Bolt's range at 238 miles was the big finish. Tesla has not provided firm specifications for its Model 3 yet, but has hinted that 215 miles is the target range.

Tesla came up with idea that an EV with 200 miles of range would be immune from the range-anxiety that lesser EVs instill in shoppers. Both Chevy and Tesla are planning to sell these new 200-plus-mile models in the "affordable" range. Chevy reiterated today that its base Bolt will come in under $30K when the federal $7,500 taxpayer give-away is added to the mix. Throw in a state taxpayer incentive of $2K and the Bolt is suddenly priced very close to some gasoline-powered cars its size.

I love the electric subject.

As you challenge the hertz of the drive..they need to conquer it to save energy. NVH at its finest.

This knowledge will go to many vehicles.

Non nerdy explanation:

its like adding a poly mount where an old nitrile was at the back of a tranny...more power to the wheels with the same throttle.

Analogy like that.

Sad thing is.. I just saw another. While I like GM and want them to be successful, I'd rather see folks go get a better looking vehicle like the Prius so that I don't have to be subjected to such ugly looks..

Sad thing is.. I just saw another. While I like GM and want them to be successful, I'd rather see folks go get a better looking vehicle like the Prius so that I don't have to be subjected to such ugly looks..

I prefer the look of the Lexus CT200H personally

• 4 weeks later...

The appearance will not be a problem. It looks similar to several other small cars that are being sold in urban areas. Its success will be determined by price and performance. The range is a strong point.

Archived