In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

benjdow

AC Condenser replacement

13 minutes ago, 2kwik4u said:

That makes better sense, but still feels like a 1/2 way fix. Thanks GM.

Is the reflective surface doing anything in this process, or is it just blocking airflow? Can I stick a can of spray paint in the grill and at least get the eyesore somewhat hidden?

I would mostly think just blocking airflow.  I see no reason it couldn’t be blacked out.

19 hours ago, 2kwik4u said:

Wait, so you're saying that the tape there is meant to work as a structural connection to help eliminate cracking in the area? Like a gusset of sorts? Surely not?!?

Its to block cold air, bees and dragonflies from cracking the lines of our Chineseium coolers. Funny how they up the price $10k every generation yet somehow more and more parts get made in inferior countries with inferior materials. More money, less quality. 

3 hours ago, 2kwik4u said:

That makes better sense, but still feels like a 1/2 way fix. Thanks GM.

Is the reflective surface doing anything in this process, or is it just blocking airflow? Can I stick a can of spray paint in the grill and at least get the eyesore somewhat hidden?

My point exactly.

Thanks for the replies. Much better information here than I got from the Service Writer at the dealership. Honestly I've always found message boards, and online enthusiast communities to be a great source of information.

I might be done with those dealership guys at this point. Took it in for 6 problems. They "fixed" 3 of them, made one worse, and completely disregarded (or gave me a crappy work around) for the last 2. Then charged the warranty company $2,800 for the few things they "fixed" (including the A/C system).

15 minutes ago, 2kwik4u said:

Thanks for the replies. Much better information here than I got from the Service Writer at the dealership. Honestly I've always found message boards, and online enthusiast communities to be a great source of information.

I might be done with those dealership guys at this point. Took it in for 6 problems. They "fixed" 3 of them, made one worse, and completely disregarded (or gave me a crappy work around) for the last 2. Then charged the warranty company $2,800 for the few things they "fixed" (including the A/C system).

All GM trucks are created equal.

It's the dealer that makes a difference.... and that's the truth.

Find a new dealer :thumbs:

22 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

All GM trucks are created equal.

It's the dealer that makes a difference.... and that's the truth.

Find a new dealer :thumbs:

Been considering this as well. This particular dealer was the volume sales leader in the area, so I figured they had the best chance of having the most/best techs. Perhaps I was wrong. There are 4 other GMC dealers here in the city, I'll give a different one a try and see how that goes on the next issue.

3 minutes ago, 2kwik4u said:

Been considering this as well. This particular dealer was the volume sales leader in the area, so I figured they had the best chance of having the most/best techs. Perhaps I was wrong. There are 4 other GMC dealers here in the city, I'll give a different one a try and see how that goes on the next issue.

Volume does not equate to quality.

With volume, it's all about how quick you can rush a job through to make room for another.

Low volume dealers seem to be more attentive and quality minded with repairs.

Not in every case but more so over a volume dealer.