MYSTERIOUS PROBLEM

my truck has run and drove great till tuesday. went in to have the oil changed and tires rotated. nothing else. now truck has a slight vibration at highway speeds intermittingly sometime sit will vibrate for a little bit then be perfect for a little bit. what in the world could be causing this. if it was constant i would say that they had knocked one of the wheels out of balance but it will do it then stop for a while then do it again help

Mine idles like that when running low octane fuel. When running e85 and 87 and above it idles smooth. It's likely that it always idled like this and you just began to look for it when you felt it vibrate on the road. My tires were out of balance the time before last and it was annoying. Just take it back to where you got them done and have them balanced again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the tires wore a little. I would have them rebalanced and go from there. When I first got my truck they rotated the tires and it had a vibration at 70 mph. Balanced tires and it's all good! The sra tires really are crap. I'll have some michelins by winter time.

well it probably is a balance issue. but why would it do it then stop then do it again then stop would this be normal if it was a balance issue

They could've knocked a weight off. I've done it before by accident... and i care about my wheels. They aren't light like my Subaru's were

Would spacers cause this i did have them change out 1/4 inch and put on 1/2 inch on front

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

What stumps me is its intermitant not constant

Would spacers cause this i did have them change out 1/4 inch and put on 1/2 inch on front

What stumps me is its intermitant not constant

Also check your inflation. Mine vibrated a bit when over inflated... but as far as the spacer. Make sure contact pad from the hub to spacer is free from and debris and corrosion. Same between the spacer and wheel. A small stone can cause the spinning balance of the entire construct to be off.

I'm with the others one of the tires is not balanced right and now it's showing since the rotation.

Could be ware even and it will change as the tire heats up and cools and the load pressure it has on it.

They are real sensitive I just get a little ice on one and the truck seems like it's coming apart.

An out of balance is most noticeable in 50 - 65 mph range. Much more critical on a front tire than a rear. Probably the out of balance rear was rotated to the front.

One of my (crappy) SR-A's has a flat spot. So every time that tire gets rotated to the front my truck vibrates at highway speeds. I don't feel the vibration when it is on the back.

New tires are coming before winter - thank god.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well if you have wheel spacers then yes they could be causing the issue. They could be improperly installed, but more than likely you tires are just out of balance. These suspensions have such tight tolerances that even if the wheel is 1/2 oz out then it can resonate into the steering wheel or body.

Cheap wheel spacers can cause all kinds of vibration issues. Same with cheap wheels. The spacers and wheels need to be hubcentric. Some wheels are lugcentric and require a hub spacer to help center the wheel. Lugcentric wheels or spacers can shift enough to vibrate.

Also tires can slip on the rim, causing the wheels to become off balance.

I've also noticed that sometimes a vibration can be road induced - have noticed this when it is new asphalt over what was a road with lots of cracks across it -- including asphalt over concrete with rough expansion joints.

I've noticed that most places rotate tires wrong. They move left front to right front and on around the truck. Fronts are supposed to go straight back, rears need to be crossed to front. When they did my wives SUV the did it by moving left front to right front and I picked up a vibration and a hard pull to right. I jack it up and moved tires to the correct locations and everything smoothed out. Also retorque your lug nuts

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

my truck has run and drove great till tuesday. went in to have the oil changed and tires rotated. nothing else. now truck has a slight vibration at highway speeds intermittingly sometime sit will vibrate for a little bit then be perfect for a little bit. what in the world could be causing this. if it was constant i would say that they had knocked one of the wheels out of balance but it will do it then stop for a while then do it again help

I had this same thing for the past 5k miles. Rotated my tires from front to back again this past weekend. No vibration anymore.

I'll be getting my tires re-balanced on my next dealership visit. 265/65/18 DuraTracs from the Factory.

Archived