LED Reverse/ Backup lights in rear bumper step cavity?

Well I installed the LED backup bulbs today and tested them out tonight.  I’m sure they’re not as nice as having the bumper mod lights, but the LED’s are a vast improvement over the stock bulbs.  Not sure whether it will be worth it to do the modification given how much better I can see (through the backup camera) than with the stock lights.  Very happy with the light output.

Of course installing the new bulbs caused a problem (broke one of the posts that hold the light assembly to the truck.  But, that’s another thread.  The LED’s are nice.

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2016 at 4:22 PM, gmdog2 said:

I'm sorry. I didn't take any pics of the install. You really don't have to remove the steps if you have a some long needle nose pliers. Once you install the light/bolts into the holes, getting the nuts/washers on the back become the challenge. That's were I just finally used long needle nose pliers and the put the washer on, then the nut, then tightened it all down. Run your wires up to your taillights and tap into your reverse lights. As far as wiring, I just use a tester, find the hot and negative, then wire them up..hope this helps.

so im just getting ready to install a 2014 bumper on my 2005 1500, just ordered it, i figure why not try to mock up a light install just like this, and im going to do a parking sensor hole light install also, all while off the truck before install. My main worry is if i do the pocket installs while off the truck i may hit something with the lights upon installing the bumper, any ideas or concerns? I know this is an old project now.