LED Reverse/ Backup lights in rear bumper step cavity?

On 1/13/2019 at 8:12 AM, mmisko said:

Also is a resistor needed for the b/u leds?

As long as it does not blink, IE turn signals, then no resistor is needed.  I replaced my cargo and reverse lights with LEDs, back in January, no issues.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:38 AM, luckyshotbrooks said:

Old thread I know but one thing I would love to see if possible is some pictures of the lighting from in the cab with tinted windows. I’d like to do this mod since I can hardly see out my mirrors with my tint. Most pictures are from the outside or the back up camera but is there significant change while looking through your window to back up. Any help would be appreciated.

I have dark tint on my truck, I'm not sure how well the pics will turn out but I'll try and get some if youre still interested. The front tint matches the deep dark tint in the back.

IMG_20190508_195846.jpg

Edited by mikeay
added pic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, REDOO2000 said:

Those are the lights on my boostauto tow mirrors. There upgraded lights. Brighter than the OEM led.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. It's funny, you don't realize the value until you need them or at least I didn't.?

Looks good. It's funny, you don't realize the value until you need them or at least I didn't.[emoji1787]

Yea with dark tint I can’t see shit backing up
Definitely helps
Also good when loading truck when it’s dark

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the lights I'm going to use for my bumper steps. They should be installed by the end of the week, provided things are still calm at work. Will post pics and lights when done.

Here's what I went with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYHD6RC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The lights seem nice and solid, plus they seemed to be well sealed.

Edited by CustomChevyGuy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CustomChevyGuy said:

Just got the lights I'm going to use for my bumper steps. They should be installed by the end of the week, provided things are still calm at work. Will post pics and lights when done.

Here's what I went with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYHD6RC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The lights seem nice and solid, plus they seemed to be well sealed.

Those are close to 4 inches.....is there 4 inches of flat space on the corner steps ?

I think the KC Cyclones will be the way I go, I'll just tie them into the bed light leads that run up through the same cavity as the rear tail lights..  Thanks for the thread.

Don’t forget to always post pictures and a how to on what you did to help others who may want to do the same

On 10/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, Mike1220 said:

Don’t forget to always post pictures and a how to on what you did to help others who may want to do the same

ok.  I actually think I'm going with a couple lights in the step wells. the small LEDs that bolt through.

one will light with the reverse, one will light with the cargo lights