What wires to tap line output converter into to add amp?

Hey all,

I recently purchased a couple shallow mount subs, a subthump box, and an amp/wiring kit for my 2015 GMC Sierra SLE. I also purchased this line output converter to get the signal to the amp from the stock wiring. I searched for "line output converter" and literally nothing came up on the forum, so i'm curious if anyone knows the easiest place to tap into to get the subwoofer signal to the amp? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

My truck is a 2015 GMC Sierra SLE, does NOT have the Bose factory system.

PAC LP7-2: http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1188

Gear i'm adding:

2x Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-12

1x Power Acoustik EG1-2500D -- wired to 2 ohms, about 800w RMS total

subthump dual 12" box w/ amp rack space

Thanks!

Captain

Edited by CaptainMcFunk

Anyone have any ideas on this? I scanned a thread yesterday for a long time and came up with one person that stated these were the wires to tap into, but no one said anything else -- Anyone have a picture of the harness i'm looking for to tap into?

For non-Bose, you can tap the rear speaker wires in the B Pillar before they go thru the harness to the rear doors. They are twisted pairs.

Left Rear Speaker (+) green // (-) green/black
Right Rear Speaker (+) white // (-) blue/black

• Thanks 1

If you have the bose upgrade you tap into the amp behind the rear seat.

I appreciate the response, but I included it in the original request that I dont have the Bose system, as that seems to make a huge difference in where you tap in. As i've been going along today preparing for this install, here is other info i've gathered:

ITEM WIRE COLOR LOCATION

Left Front Speaker (+/-) // blue - brown/blue // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 1 - 9

Right Front Speaker (+/-) // yellow - yellow/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 2 - 10

Left Rear Speaker (+/-) // green - green/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 3 - 11

Right Rear Speaker (+/-) // white - blue/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 4 - 12

I was hoping to just tap in at one of the plugs in or near the BCM, which may be possible, I just don't know. A tip that I got is to pull the B-Pillar panel (between front & rear doors), pull back or cut the tape on the wires going into the rear door to look for the speaker wires. It should be the ONLY TWISTED PAIR in the bundle. I may go this route since I don't know if there is an amp after the green 16 pin plug at the radio.

Forgot to mention which power source I used for the amp's remote on....

If you look under the driver's side dash between the brake pedal and parking brake, you'll see the fuse/relay box (it's about 6" x 10" and has a smooth black plastic cover, just like on the GMT-900's). Pry the clasps on each side to remove. On my SLT there are three main banks, left to right, with the first being unoccupied (see attached pic). The slots within first bank are labeled 1-20, though only 11 actually have male connectors. I used my tester to determine the following: #'s 7 & 17 are constant 12v power [always on], #'s 10 & 11 are grounds, and #8 is the RAP [retained accessory power] ignition signal wire (again, see attached pic)

For newbies, RAP powers on with the key rotated to the first position and remains on until the ignition is turned completely off AND the driver's door is opened, just like the factory radio.

• Like 1

Have you tried searching LOC? There is a youtube video of a guy who put it behind the radio inside the dash. You should use the font speakers since since the rears are quieter, the only down side is the front left speaker is the one that makes your blinker sound and door ding. I've yet to install an amp/subs but thats the information I found so far.

Edited by Donolie

• 1 month later...

I appreciate the response, but I included it in the original request that I dont have the Bose system, as that seems to make a huge difference in where you tap in. As i've been going along today preparing for this install, here is other info i've gathered:

ITEM WIRE COLOR LOCATION

Left Front Speaker (+/-) // blue - brown/blue // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 1 - 9

Right Front Speaker (+/-) // yellow - yellow/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 2 - 10

Left Rear Speaker (+/-) // green - green/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 3 - 11

Right Rear Speaker (+/-) // white - blue/black // radio, green 16 pin plug, pins 4 - 12

I was hoping to just tap in at one of the plugs in or near the BCM, which may be possible, I just don't know. A tip that I got is to pull the B-Pillar panel (between front & rear doors), pull back or cut the tape on the wires going into the rear door to look for the speaker wires. It should be the ONLY TWISTED PAIR in the bundle. I may go this route since I don't know if there is an amp after the green 16 pin plug at the radio.

Forgot to mention which power source I used for the amp's remote on....

If you look under the driver's side dash between the brake pedal and parking brake, you'll see the fuse/relay box (it's about 6" x 10" and has a smooth black plastic cover, just like on the GMT-900's). Pry the clasps on each side to remove. On my SLT there are three main banks, left to right, with the first being unoccupied (see attached pic). The slots within first bank are labeled 1-20, though only 11 actually have male connectors. I used my tester to determine the following: #'s 7 & 17 are constant 12v power [always on], #'s 10 & 11 are grounds, and #8 is the RAP [retained accessory power] ignition signal wire (again, see attached pic)

For newbies, RAP powers on with the key rotated to the first position and remains on until the ignition is turned completely off AND the driver's door is opened, just like the factory radio.

If you'd like to clean up and have full amperage for other mods I built oem supplier (Delphi) harnesses to tap that x7 port.

72476364668abed765834304c96db6ce.jpg

$45 plus shipping. GM parts are $68 and not pinned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be clear, I but from who gm buys. I meant if you purchase through gm, that would be the price and the trim would be blue. It's still a Delphi connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/20/2016 at 5:22 PM, CaptainMcFunk said:

f you look under the driver's side dash between the brake pedal and parking brake, you'll see the fuse/relay box (it's about 6" x 10" and has a smooth black plastic cover, just like on the GMT-900's). Pry the clasps on each side to remove. On my SLT there are three main banks, left to right, with the first being unoccupied (see attached pic). The slots within first bank are labeled 1-20, though only 11 actually have male connectors. I used my tester to determine the following: #'s 7 & 17 are constant 12v power [always on], #'s 10 & 11 are grounds, and #8 is the RAP [retained accessory power] ignition signal wire (again, see attached pic)

• 5 months later...
On 10/20/2016 at 8:50 AM, CaptainMcFunk said:

Anyone have any ideas on this? I scanned a thread yesterday for a long time and came up with one person that stated these were the wires to tap into, but no one said anything else -- Anyone have a picture of the harness i'm looking for to tap into?

For non-Bose, you can tap the rear speaker wires in the B Pillar before they go thru the harness to the rear doors. They are twisted pairs.

Left Rear Speaker (+) green // (-) green/black
Right Rear Speaker (+) white // (-) blue/black

Do you know if it's the same on 2017 Silverado LS double cab No Bose speakers??