"Chevy Shake" 2017

I have a 2017 GMC Yukon. Mine is so bad it makes me car sick. Been to the dealer twice. They tightened up everything underneath, put 4 new tires on & "settled" the suspension. No luck. It's going in again next week. After that, I'm going for a lemon law buyback. Mine has `1500 miles on it.

I have a 2017 GMC Yukon. Mine is so bad it makes me car sick. Been to the dealer twice. They tightened up everything underneath, put 4 new tires on & "settled" the suspension. No luck. It's going in again next week. After that, I'm going for a lemon law buyback. Mine has `1500 miles on it.

Wow... What speeds?

Sent from my LG-V495 tablet using Tapatalk

Wow... What speeds?

Sent from my LG-V495 tablet using Tapatalk

Starts at 48 mph & stops around 60-65 mph. The shake is bad enough, but the buffetting noise like the back window is down is what makes me sick. Had it a few months & spent 3 weeks in shop so far.

Be careful using the phrase "lemon law" if you ever should talk to GM customer service yourself. Once they hear that, they cease helping you with anything and tell you to take it up with the dealer's service department.

• Like 2

New member here. Thanks for all info

Been reading forums on vibration and

shake. Purchased New 17 and Sierra 1500 first of January in distant town.

Test drive seemed good but after few days vibration occurred. Off to local gmc dealer. Had Goodyear tires forced balanced to '0'. On way home still had vibration. Had tires balanced at local tire dealer. Better but not acceptable. Had set of Michelin same size 275\55\20 installed at tire dealer and still have vibration and now some shake.

Is warranty still in effect since I changed to different tires?

The quality of the force balancing depends upon the equipment as well as who uses it. as detailed in the first article on force balancing the larger wheels and bead construction require it to reduce vibrations. If there was any improvement in the ride after installation of new tires, proves some or all of the problem is with the tire construction/mounting/balancing.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=7276

What waas the "generation" of the force balancer used.....seems older gen 1 and 2 are all but useless for curing these vibrations. Try to find a GM dealer with the 5th generation balancer which is claimed to address vibrations issues even better than the gen 3 & 4s . GM dealer's are being required to buy this equipment to remedy vibration complaints with larger tires and your best bet if to find a GM dealer tha has the newer balancer being required of the dealers.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=7278

Edited by Thomcat

'17 sierra denali loaner with 2k miles I have right now shakes at 70-75mph.

I would be furious if my new truck did that, would get out of the truck

How bad is this shake? Is it an actual shake or a vibration that you can hardly feel like a tire out of balance?

How bad is this shake? Is it an actual shake or a vibration that you can hardly feel like a tire out of balance?

Feels like a tire out of balance, but I wouldn't say hardly feel

It felt night and day compared to my regular truck

It was bad enough that my wife noticed it immediately if that helps at all

So I have a 17 denali ultimate and yesterday I got a death shake at 40 to 60 it was so bad you could not go over 60 the bed was jumping,seat belt shaking etc so I came to a complete stop and floored it got it up to 94 then I noticed the shake was gone driving fine know but I do think my shifting points feel off. What do you guys think?

Flatspotting of the tires would be my guess for your instance...mine does that, it will shake for a while after any time of sitting...if driven routinely, no shakes. Some tires are more susceptible than others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's why I hate the stock tires that comes on brand new trucks. Especially the Goodyears SR-As.

That's why I hate the stock tires that comes on brand new trucks. Especially the Goodyears SR-As.

.02 Primary cause of vibration complaints within this footprint speed range are tire/wheel balance related.

And maybe the stock tires are not the problem....that's what they use to road test the prototypes before release. Problem could be with the optional tire/wheel combinations offered that have larger heavier wheels up to 80 pounds, tire profiles with less side wall, different bead surfaces and more critical road force balance requirements. I doubt that GM after charging thousands extra for upgraded 20" - 22" wheel tire combinations would attempt to solve the problem by retrofitting with smaller tires and then having to compensate all of the owners.

I find it curious that all of a sudden GM is supplying their dealers with upgraded equipment specifically to address large wheel vibration problems.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=7276

Seems older gen 1 and 2 are all but useless for curing these vibrations. GM is advising use of the 5th generation balancer which is claimed to address vibrations issues even better than the gen 3 & 4s . GM dealer's are being encouraged to buy this equipment to remedy vibration complaints with larger tires and your best bet is to find a GM dealer that has a newer balancer.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=7278

• Like 1

Getting my new LTZ Friday, how long did most of you have your trucks before you noticed the "shake"?

Did it take awhile before noticing or was it right out of the gate? I'm starting to freak...

Remember that you hear about "problems" on these forums. The odds are extremely high that you won't have any of those problems. Be careful too to not imagine you have the problem when you really don't. I was all over that shake thingy and looked hard for it. My tires are slightly out of balance and I can feel a very very slight vibration over 75 if I pay really close attention. The shake is obvious from what I'm reading here.

Enjoy your new rig!

• Like 1