Whats everybody running for an intake?

Hi, first post here. Just bought a '17 lt crew cab last month and already installed an elite catch can to help with engine longevity. Been looking an an intake for the last week now and there are many options compared to just the K&N I have on my v8 grand cherokee. Just looking for opinions on what to look into getting. I read that S&B is really popular and good, along with volant and K&N. I'm only familiar with K&N intakes and filters, having them on my jeep and harley. I browsed through the post about the testing done at blackbear already. was hoping to find some test on S&B but they didn't do it. And recommendations? Also, oiled or dry filters? I've never had a truck with a MAF..but was always told to stay away from oiled if you have a MAF..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stock. Did a bit of research and there is a lot of evidence that the stock airbox is not a restriction at all. I'd rather keep dirt out of the motor than possibly gain a couple of horsepower anyway.

That's the same thing that the makers of air raid writes and Chevy says... every intake maker wrote the same thing. If you buy an intake on a modern car without tuning, your vehicle is going to adjust around the parameters it's programmed for.

I purchased mine for a louder growl and reusable filter element.

You are right about the stock intake being very capable for stock tuning and probably 99% of the OTS tuning flashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFE Momentum GT with Dry Filter

This. Many will say stock and that system does work (and will be the quietest for those who tow), but you can always make improvements. The Momentum GT is proven to add over 35hp to the truck without tuning and still filters at the same tested level as the stock filter.

Weve got a great deal on it for GMT Members - www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/196590-afe-2014-gm-53l62l-momentum-gt-pro-dry-s-intake-gain-35-hp-under-390

AirAid MIT and a Green drop-in filter in the stock air box on the 2016.

Modified K&N tube and closed-top airbox with the K&N cone filter for now on the 2013. Green cone filter on order.

Stock systems are working well in the garage.

JMO

AirAid MIT and a Green drop-in filter in the stock air box on the 2016.

Modified K&N tube and closed-top airbox with the K&N cone filter for now on the 2013. Green cone filter on order.

Stock systems are working well in the garage.

JMO

Airaid MIT is a great upgrade that changes out the most restrictive part of the whole intake. If you dont want to drop $400 on a complete in take kit, the Airaid MIT with an upgraded filter will get you most of the gains for about half! We sell a ton of these to GMT members

Archived