Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

2018 GMC Yukon Denali - Image and Details

post-139450-0-13274200-1496152305_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
5-30-2017

The GMC Yukon Denali evolves a bit for the 2018 model year. The two big changes are a new 10-speed automatic transmission and a new grill.

GMC says that the new Hydra-Matic 10-speed transmission has a wider 7.39 overall gear ratio spread. When paired with Yukon Denali’s 6.2L V-8 engine it- "Enhances refinement with world-class shift smoothness, responsiveness, and quietness." We checked the EPA's website to see if the fuel economy changed for 2018, but it has not yet been listed.

The grill is sculpted and "multidimensional" in GMC's lingo. “The new grille, which is flanked by HID headlamps and LED Signature Lighting, advances the design legacy established with the very first Yukon Denali in 1999,” said Matt Noone, director, Global GMC Exterior Design. “It’s a more exciting and sophisticated design, while remaining instantly recognizable as part of the GMC Denali family.” The grill also increases airflow to the radiator, which is never a bad thing.

One additional design element for 2018 is the addition of Mastique Ash real wood trim.

I would take this any day over the Tahoe.

• Like 1

I would take this any day over the Tahoe.

Me too, sir.

• Like 2

Love the Denali packages GM offers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By youn1033
      I bought the 3 piece Underbody Shield (Part No. 23176882) a few weeks ago and had all 3 pieces powder-coated a matte red color that would match the red in the GMC emblem..

Fast forward to trying to install them last week and 2 of the 3 fit no problem, however the 3rd (which is the largest & most prominent one visually) did not appear to fit. The back bolt locations line up perfectly where it meets the other plate, however the front piece looks like it isn't long enough or shaped/angled correctly to reach what appeared to be the obvious locations for the provided threaded bolts. This Part No. as a standalone is 23135960 (GM OEM Engine Skid Plate).

My question is this: Does this item actually not fit? I understand the Denali trim level has a different lower bumper due to the LED fogs, but did GM seriously over-engineer this to the point that the internals/bolt patterns & cross members don't match up for these?!? 

Hoping someone can provide me some input of confirm I'm just being an idiot & that there is a way to make this fit, because I really want to get this installed or find the proper replacement ASAP..
    • By Homer1952
      I've a 2018 GMC Acadia.  It is a FWD 3.6L/6T70.  Recently, I've not been able to move the shift lever to Low ranges.  It was intermittent at first & today I was not able to shift it into low range at all.
      Wondering: if anyone else has experienced this?, Fix?, Bulletin?   This is a potential safety issue.
      Thanx Bob
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      6-11-2018

GMC announced today that it is expanding its Yukon SUV line with the addition of two new 2019 Graphite Editions. The Yukon Graphite Edition features a darkened exterior appearance, while the Yukon Graphite Performance Edition adds to this look vehicle performance upgrades. The Graphite Editions are available either Yukon or Yukon XL on SLT trim vehicles and can be ordered on with either 2WD or 4WD.  

“The Yukon continues to lead the full-size SUV segment with premium features and an instantly recognizable and well-respected identity,” said Stu Pierce, senior marketing manager for GMC Trucks and Full-Size SUVs. “The all-new Graphite Edition builds on the commanding road presence and inherent capabilities of the Yukon and affords customers the opportunity to project a unique, yet distinctly GMC style.”

The new Yukon Graphite packages will launch later this summer in the following colors; Onyx Black, White Frost Tricoat and Dark Sky Metallic. Pricing will be announced closer to the launch date.

The Yukon Graphite Edition includes the following content:
      22-inch bright machined wheels with Carbon Flash Metallic pockets
      Black assist steps with gloss black accents
      Premium black chrome grille mesh insert and fog lamp surrounds
      Body-color grille surround, black roof rails, gloss black beltline moldings and additional black trim.

The Graphite Performance Edition requires the Graphite Edition and further adds:
      6.2L V-8 engine with 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque 
      10-speed automatic transmission.
      Magnetic Ride Control.
      22-inch six-spoke Gloss black wheels.
      Active two-speed transfer case (4WD models only).
      Trailer brake controller.
      170-amp alternator.
      3.23 axle ratio.
      High capacity air cleaner.
      Bose Active Noise Cancellation.
      Multi-color Head-up Display.
      8-inch reconfigurable Driver Information Center.
      8-inch Color Touch Screen Navigation with GMC Infotainment System.

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      6/5/2018

Two years into the new model and the GMC Acadia is more popular than ever. With that in mind, few substantial changes are coming down the line in 2019. Look for more information on a special "Black Edition" Acadia in the near future. 

Check out our other "What's New For 2019" Articles

Here's what's new for the 2019 GMC Acadia.

2018 Options That Have Been Retired
           Exterior color (G1E) Crimson Red Tintcoat      Exterior color (GGA) Black Cherry Metallic      Exterior color (GJB) Mineral Metallic      (QMV) 18" all-season, H-rated, blackwall tires      (UJ5) LPO, Rear Sear Entertainment System  
      New Features, Colors & Options for 2019
           Exterior color (GJI) Dark Sky Metallic      Exterior color (GMU) Pepperdust Metallic      Exterior color (GPJ) Red Quartz Tintcoat      Exterior color (GS6) Smokey Quartz Metallic      (QMX) P235/65R18 all-season blackwall tires      (Q7D) 17" x 7.5" aluminum wheels with (5GV) P255/65R17 all-terrain blackwall tires (available with [GAT] All Terrain on both SLE-2 and SLT-1)      (WBP) Black Edition - information to come      (H2U) Jet Black interior with SLT All Terrain - information to come  
      Small Changes In Trim & Packaging for 2019
           Driver Express-Up/Down and passenger Express-Down windows are now standard on SLE-2 and SLT-1 (were Express-Down only in 2018 model year)

• By hf352
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/273226034501?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Selling my brand new track grill still in the box if anyone is interested.

This custom made grille is an exceptional eye catcher that will be sure to get you many looks, stares, and compliments. The grill has the word duramax in it, therefore it more so compliments the Diesel engine.
        Grille is brand new, still in the box. Also comes with 2 light bars already installed; with wiring harness.