2017 Denali 1500 tune,headers,cat-back,cai

I want that LOL but the noise does get a bit tiring on long trips. Maybe some factory quiet mufflers and some electric cutouts........for when you want to make some racket.

I want that LOL but the noise does get a bit tiring on long trips. Maybe some factory quiet mufflers and some electric cutouts........for when you want to make some racket.

It really is not loud unless it's starting or your stomping on it. That's why I went with the touring muffler. I almost want it a tad louder but not really i have a feeling it would annoy me after a few months if it was. Amazingly the the helicopter sound is almost unnoticeable in V4 mode. The gm borla has the flapper and it works. I am very pleased.

The tuner guy said he the V4 sound was so minor he didn't even want to turn off the AFM/DoD and he does it on just about any vehicle that gets an exaust.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sounds good man!! I just did a kooks headers with hi flow cat install and corsa cat back,.. little too loud for my taste. But I'm debating going to a stock 6.2 muffler maybe to take it down a little.

Subscribing

I am right at my volume limit. It is perfect. I knew the headers would increase the sound and I knew the borla touring would take it down a notch. Under 2k rpm (normal driving) almost would not know its there. Comaped to dead slient as before. The nice thing about the GM Borlas is they have the flapper so I could keep AFM/DoD on. Hardly any drone/helicopter at all. Even the tuner couldn't believe it. I wasnt sure if the flapper valve would work properly with the hi-flow cats and the headers. It does it job well in my set-up.

I kind of have a metallic whine, mabey more like a humming noise around 3k RPM it is kind of annoying. I am wondering if it is the flapper valve. I got to try to rig it open so I can do a little testing. It is either that or the heat shield around the trans resonating and vibrating. I tripled checked everything nothing is close to touching anything or loose. I only hear it when i really get on it which is all the time....hehe.

Archived