Swapping leather seats for cloth

I've yet to see Ford or GM leather seats look good after a few years and 100K miles. Cloth seats tend to look good well beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly why a set of oem leather seats will be worth money when there are a lot of '14+ trucks with 100k on them

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came across the link about the increased durability ofnthe Silverado interior and first thought was smh......notice the picture of the truck caption below....must be a new trim line for 2018....lol

http://news.davischevrolet.com/how-durable-are-the-seats-in-a-2014-chevy-silverado/

I find it so disappointing that Chevrolet limits you on what you want in a truck when you need max towing package. Can't even get simple cloth seats.

im in Orange County and have a 17 with cloth seats, id try mine for your leather seats plus some cash on my end

"Leather" is a bunch of marketing BS anyway. It's one little patch where your butt goes and it isn't even leather. It's as close to being an animal hide as a piece of paper is to being a tree.

"Leather" is a bunch of marketing BS anyway. It's one little patch where your butt goes and it isn't even leather. It's as close to being an animal hide as a piece of paper is to being a tree.

oh come on its plastic coated leather on the seating "area"; atleast give GM some credit. lol

I think you can get full leather front and back from like katskins for pretty cheap.

But they sure look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a local Katzkin dealer and call him up. 100 % of his business is switching cloth to leather. They don't want the removed cloth seats because there is ZERO market for them. When your size comes in make a deal to have him install them

I doubt the Katzkin "leather" is of any higher quality, but the overall product probably is.

There is considerable difference. I swapped my cloth seats for katskinz leather and put 52k miles on my 2014 Sierra before trading it in. Still looked brand new. My 2016 Sierra with factory leather started showing wear before 5k miles.

I swapped my leather for cloth a few months ago. Found a place in MI on ebay that replaces cloth seats with leather. The set I purchased had about 500 miles on them (according to the site) and were in perfect condition. Picked up the entire front and rear for $235 including shipping. First pulled the rear and recovered in about 2 hours (first time tearing apart the seats). Next nite, Each front bucket took about and hour and a half. Just make sure you disconnect the battery negative and wait 10 mins before digging into the fronts. The wait allows the electrical current to discharge from the airbags. So far Im very happy with them. And when it comes time to wheel and deal for a new ride, I can put the leather back in a few hours.

This is the place. http://stores.ebay.com/Classic-Grilles-And-Accessories/CHEVROLET-/_i.html?_fsub=9&_sid=192392939&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Archived