6.0 Gasser tune

RUBY

Recently purchased my first 2500 and opted for the gas burner option instead of diesel " to hard on my pocket" 

Looking at options to have options of attempt to save gas and also swap to unload the mustard when need be.

What options would you use or have installed and what you like or dis-like about the tuner?

14 hours ago, RUBY said:

Recently purchased my first 2500 and opted for the gas burner option instead of diesel " to hard on my pocket" 

Looking at options to have options of attempt to save gas and also swap to unload the mustard when need be.

What options would you use or have installed and what you like or dis-like about the tuner?

most are going to say black bear but there are many "canned tuned" options available. that being said, tunes will make the driveability better on a gas engine but youre not going to pick up much more power

True... just wanting to see what others have and what they liked or disliked.... Was looking at bully dog program... Or black bear.... But mainly wanting to install a "a pillar mount display" type setup instead of a windshield suction cup mount.

• 2 weeks later...

I tuned my 2011 HD gasser with a Diablo Intune I3. I'm running the 93 octane tune since it's not a daily driver and spends most of it's time with a gooseneck horse trailer behind it. I'm very impressed with the tune as well as the custom trans tune they sent me. I had about 8500lbs behind it the other day. Still maintained 10+ mpg running 65-70 on the interstate. My truck is also leveled on 275/65/20 MTs, 3:73 gears, magnaflow catback, and a k&n drop in filter. 

• 3 months later...

I recently acquired a 2004 GMC 2500HD 4x4 and was looking to do the same as you " to save gas and also swap to unload the mustard when need be. "

Someone mentioned to me to look for a used tuner. They said to look at LetGo, Facebook MarketPlace, and OfferUp, among others. I found a local guy on LetGo wit a Superchips Flashpaq 2865 for a good $$ price. I also bought a Glasstite Raven Camper Shell from him. I just got the tuner last night and installed the performance tune on it. It says you are supposed to use 91 octane with the tune, but I only had 87 octane in it at the time. We went for a short drive and I can honestly say that I did see a definite difference. I am going to do an online update on the tuner, then I am installing the Gas Mileage tune on the truck to see how it does. If it saves me over 5 miles per gallon I think it will be worth it. The guy said I should look for a used FIPK cold air kit for it also, and that would help increase the performance tune performance. I will also be using it for the occasional towing tune. My truck is totally a factory stock truck, with no upgrades. It does however have the 6.0, 4L80E, and a 4.11 geared rear end.

ld driven lots of miles in my working years owned a few trucks of different brands. I used tunes on all the ones that you could get tunes for, different brands. Most of the time with cruise control on. Saw nice improvements with all, no noticeable improvements in gas mileage. I think most people who do drive to accomplish that. When I drive my gas mileage car I drive it easer than my performance vehicles. It’s a subconscious thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived