Gorehamj

KBB: Silverado and Sierra Top Ford F-150 For Resale Value

silverado HD 18 towing.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

1-12-2018

The 2018 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra finished just ahead of the Ford F-150 in the newest list of Kelly Blue Book (KBB) Best Resale Value Rankings. The trucks finished fifth and sixth overall in the rankings of all vehicles – not just trucks.

“Chevrolet recently celebrated 100 years as a truck maker,” said Sandor Piszar, director of Marketing, Chevrolet Trucks. “We’ve built more than 85 million dependable, long-lasting pickups with an emphasis on quality, which will continue to be an integral focus for our lineup moving forward.”

The top vehicle overall was the Toyota Tacoma, followed by the Tundra and 4Runner. Chevy’s Colorado was 8th overall, and the Tahoe topped its class as did the Silverado HD.

These are projected resale values of course. More at KBB .

Shocked!  Nothing surprising here Toyota being the most stagnant of all manufactures and FERD's 2.7L,3.5L Ecoboost junk.  Looks good Ferd let's talk to some ecoboost owners after 150K?  That's what I thought............................

I personally think the new front end Chevrolet went with looks just right. Ford has the aluminum body but too much chrome, fake or real and the whole "Busy", Not really sure how that's working for some,  But the Silverado full size is the real bread winner. I'm not real sure of why I dislike the Canyon and Colorado. They somehow look like there something missing.  Looks kinda like they were pressed together at the top, like they hope to be full size one day ?????

SANY0617.JPG

Edited by Killain

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Crdel93
      Off-Topic               2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 EXT Cab 4.3L WT
      By Crdel93, 8 hours ago in Off-Topic 
      1500×   silverado×   flywheel×   2012×   chevrolet×   chevy×   4.3l×   extended cab×     Reply to this topic Crdel93     0
            Posted 8 hours ago I have 2012 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 1500 4.3L WT. I just drove it form California to Indiana which is approximately 2,200 miles the last 500 or so miles of my trip I started hearing a ticking noise. Which sounded familiar. I was towing a Mazda 3 on a dolly and had two atv's in the bed. Total weight was about 10,500 lbs. I get here to Indiana and take it to a Chevy Dealership and they want to drop the transmission. I double check my Forever Warranty before they start doing anything only to find out its voided because I didn't take it to the Chevy dealership I bought it from in Indiana but to a Chevy dealership in California since I'm active duty military and that's where I was stationed. So I said screw it I'll take it to a cheaper place since it won't be covered under warranty anyway. I take it to a guy explain what's going on and he says it sounds like my Fly wheel. I told him it's funny you say that because my truck has 72,000 miles and at about 35,000 miles my fly wheel cracked out in San Diego. Well this morning he called and confirmed that's what it is. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this going to be a reoccurring issue every 35,000 miles? Is there an underlying issue that is causing this? Thanks in advance!
    • By Junior11491
      A few days ago I turned the key to start my 2014 Silverado LTZ 4x4(51,000 miles), when it hit the accessory position my AC delco battery EXPLODED under my hood (spewing acid all over, the whole 9 yards). No, I don't have anything extra hooked to my battery at all. Anyway, this blew one of the main fuses coming directly off the battery in which I had to replace that entire fuse board. Bought a new battery, start the truck, radio screen not on. Found that little yellow blown fuse on the passenger side, fixed that. Now, for the life of me, I can not find the source of my last problem which is my A/C  blower motor will not come on at all.All the lights come on the a/c controller by the radio. I figured it would be another fuse but the ones I checked were ok(maybe I'm missing one?). I stabbed a test light in the red wire going to the blower motor and its getting power. It would be hard for me to believe that the blower motor went bad since it was otherwise working fine before this battery failure. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      6-18-2018

In preparation for an expected surge of truck orders and purchases from buyers, GM is ramping up the production capabilities of the all-new GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado.

The Oshawa, Ontario Canada plant that builds the trucks will be adding a second shift to begin to build inventory. The Oshawa plant is the final paint and assembly location for double cab trucks. These are “re-imported” trucks that GM builds in Indiana, ships to Oshawa, and in many cases, then re-imports them to the United States. Oshawa, Ontario is just across Lake Ontario from New York State (north of Buffalo and Rochester). It is only about sixty miles from both and about 100 miles by land to Niagara. GM employs roughly 9,000 workers in Canada.  

Source: Automotive News

• By Huntere
      I have a 2017 silverado with a 5.3l v8 E Assist and have been looking at different accessories for the truck.

To make sure that the parts will fit I would need to select either 5.3L GAS   or   5.3L FLEX FUEL   or   5.3L GAS/ELECTRIC
      Is the E Assist engine considered just a gas engine or a Gas/Electric engine?

I KNOW for sure that the truck is not a Flex Fuel 
      Thanks!
    • By BigMikeZ71
      Just wondering if theres much rubbing with 33s that are 11.5 wide.