Sign in to follow this  
allblack16

3" level kit and 20x12 with 33s on my 2016 Silverado

Installed a 3" Motofab level on my truck last weekend. Rear is stock. Added 20x12s with 33x12.5 tires. Minor plastic and metal trimming, no rub at all.

Smoked my tails and 3rd brake light. Will smoke my front turn signals and corner markers this weekend.

Will also vinyl wrap the chrome mustache on the bumper, unless someone wants to trade for all black.

Going to do a muffler delete (leaving resonators) and clamp the flapper valve open, will also add a Range AFM delete.

Has 30% tint now, will eventually do 15% this summer.

Will post more pics as I make progress.

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

• Like 1

big improvement.. looks good man!

Can you give me a sense of what you had to trim?  I love these wheels and tires but have seen on another site someone had rubbing at 1full turn of the wheel.  He was running a leveling kit as well; not sure which but makes me worry.  I’d love to get these for myself but am worried about rubbing.  

Did you smoke the lights yourself, If so what did you use?

On 3/13/2018 at 7:21 PM, Jakenbake18 said:

Did you smoke the lights yourself, If so what did you use?

Yes, I also smoked my amber turns signals, corner markers, and running lights... used VHT nightshade. Left the matte finish on the fronts, wet sanded and waxed rear for a gloss finish.

Just need to paint the tailgate handle the and the rear is all set. Doesn't look like you went super dark on the taillights so it shouldn't be much harder for people behind you to see your lights.

Did you turn down your headlights so you aren't blinding on coming traffic? Saw on another thread a guy needed 4 turns to get them back to where they should have been from the factory on a 2 inch front level only (no rear lift). I can only imagine yours will need more than that.

Tyler

19 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Just need to paint the tailgate handle the and the rear is all set. Doesn't look like you went super dark on the taillights so it shouldn't be much harder for people behind you to see your lights.

Did you turn down your headlights so you aren't blinding on coming traffic? Saw on another thread a guy needed 4 turns to get them back to where they should have been from the factory on a 2 inch front level only (no rear lift). I can only imagine yours will need more than that.

Tyler

Ya the taillights are the perfect smoke shade. Still red but look way better. No problems seeing them at night. I did have to adjust my headlights.. no idea how many turns. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Huntere
      Hi, I'm new to this form so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. I have a 2017 Silverado with a 5.3 L V8 that also has eassist. I was looking in to different types of Mufflers I could get and I really like the Super 40 with dual output, but when I went to a Midas, they said that since my truck has a hybrid option installed that an aftermarket exhaust would sound horrible and not a big difference in sound volume. I was told that the Super 40 from Flowmaster would not be too loud but also not too soft. Has anyone tried a different muffler on a S
      Eassist Silverado before? And does a Super 40 sound too loud or just right? Something that would turn heads when your next to someone but not turn heads blocks away. Thanks!
    • By 6FOOT6Chevy
      I've been looking at the AMP Terrain Grippers as they are a pretty good price for around $800 for a set of 33s and are a really aggressive all terrain tire design. If anyone's running them can you please post pics and reviews on them such as road noise, comfort, and tread life etc... 

• By 6FOOT6Chevy
      Ok so this is my first post on hear but im not new to this place ive used this forum thousands of times in the past as I am only 18years old i started off in a 03 gmc 1500 short bed reg cab stick shift, but up here in mass 2wd wasnt gonna cut it so after that I had a trailblazer for the past year and now Ive been lucky enough to get back into trucks with my new 1500 that i'm leasing, its an LT Z71 with 4wd and the 5.3. Im perfectly happy with how the trukc is as of now but I definitely want/"need' it to be leveled as my whole family Cousins, aunts, uncles, father, and mother have atleast a leveling kit or just a beefy vehicle as now im the only one without some ground clearance, but i dont know which leveling kit is the best choice as i want to stay under 3 inches. So if anyone could help me it would be great id like to know the best kits under a few categories. 1-Best ride. 2-Best bang for your buck. 3- Eastiest install. 4- Best offroad capability. 5- The best kit in general.
             I have been told the Bilstien 510 is a great choice but before i pull any triggers i'd like to know all my options as I won't be getting the kit within a month or two as the truck only has 900 miles. Thank you
    • By Clocked92
      Hey everyone,

I have a 2014 Sierra with the 5.3L,  I really don't like posting on the forums for issues because it can give a bad representation of what is generally a good vehicle.  My truck never really exhibited any of the usual issues like the vibration but it has had a couple small fixes here and there. Moving seat, rusting frame, etc.  this time I just wanted to give everyone the heads up.

Well a couple months ago I was driving and the oil pump failed.  It took 2 weeks to fix. When it happened I was pretty concerned about any possible damage it caused but the dealer said it looked ok.

Fast forward to last week.  Merging onto the highway, heard a pop and lights came on everywhere.  Got it to the dealer, lifters collapsed on a cylinder.  I was without my truck all last week as they fixed that issue.  

This sunday, less than 60 miles after I picked it up, I went to accelerate in town and heard the same pop but this time it wouldn't even move if I gave it throttle.  Towed it down to the dealer and they finally looked at it yesterday.  This time they are ordering me a brand new engine.

Thankfully I still have powertrain warranty but this is a major disappointment and honestly I don't even trust the truck anymore.  What would your recommendations be?  Sell it, trade it, keep it and run it into the ground? 

• By Hexa Fox
      Hey guys I am planning to change the transmission fluid on my 2007 Silverado (New Body) 4.8 4x4 here soon. My muffler recently wore a hole into it and rusted out a piece of the exhaust. Therefore, I am planning on replacing my entire system with this one from Amazon.
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00503PU70/?coliid=I365UW575WJD1C&colid=1GQFQXGWZEWEY&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Anyway I have done some research and it looks like the exhaust system prevents the transmission pan from being dropped completely. For this reason, I would like to change my transmission fluid and filter while I am changing out the exhaust. It seems like it is going to save me a world of trouble. Also I am coming up on 95,000 miles and almost positive it has never been changed before. 

However, there are a lot of opinions on both the right way of doing this and the wrong way. I see a lot of people on YouTube removing the metal line from the front of the transmission radiator and letting the old fluid drain out that way while adding in new fluid. Then they stop when they see new fluid being pulled into the container and replace the filter then go on with life. I have heard other people say that this is gambling with your transmission and should not be done. Basically any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated. 

I also heard to not get sucked into "fancy labels" when it comes to new fluid either. My local guy said you want to replace the fluid with exactly the same thing that is in there right now as it was not designed for anything else. I just looked in the manual and it says that it is DEXRON VI so probably going to go with this from Amazon.
      https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-10-9395-Dexron-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B01EKMGG92/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526257467&sr=8-2&keywords=dexron+vi+automatic+transmission+fluid

Let me know if you guys need anymore information. Any advice and direction you guys can give would be awesome.