2015-2018 Bulb Guide/Tutorials - Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Yukon XL

6 minutes ago, markitzero said:

I've tried a few photos of the fogs on which resulted in bad photos. The above shows them off.

Just point truck at a garage, do a photo of just the headlights on shining on the door, then a photo of the fog lights on only, then one with both on. On the first page of this thread are some example photos like that. It will really help others with deciding to go with those or not. They look good there though.

Was able to grab a few photos in a parking garage but with the cars on either side didn't really show a good side-to-side view.

First is fogs only, second is headlights only (HID), third is both headlights and fog lights.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Edited by markitzero

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, markitzero said:

Was able to grab a few photos in a parking garage but with the cars on either side didn't really show a good side-to-side view.

First is fogs only, second is headlights only (HID), third is both headlights and fog lights.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

What does the driving light look like with these bulbs? 

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2018 at 7:05 AM, rxnotec said:

Yellow LED Fog light bulbs 2018 Suburban RST Premier with comparison to OEM Halogen fog.

Future thought is to consider doing a dual LED Cube set-up to utilize white Fog or Yellow fog or both at same time. Have to do some digging on it.

Yellow LED fog first fire

IMG_20180424_205016069_LL.jpg

Yellow LED Fog on white door

Yellow LED fog on white door.jpg

Yellow LED fog only at dusk.

LED Fog only.jpg

Yellow LED fog with Ultinon 6K Hid D3S Low beam

6K HID Ultinon and Yellow LED Fog.jpg

Comparison of fill and scatter of Ultinon 6K HID with OEM fog to w/Yellow LED fog

Comparison OEM v yellow led fog.jpg

Are resistors needed for the led fogs, or are they plug n play with no issues? Want to swap them out.  Just picked her up. 2019 rst 6.2l 

BEE56156-55B2-46AE-8B62-BFA56D2259F1.jpeg

6 hours ago, Danyi2170 said:

Are resistors needed for the led fogs, or are they plug n play with no issues? Want to swap them out.  Just picked her up. 2019 rst 6.2l 

BEE56156-55B2-46AE-8B62-BFA56D2259F1.jpeg

No resistors needed. I am a little mad they decided to offer the 6.2 this model year. Actually rather annoyed cause I would have done that version. 

1 hour ago, rxnotec said:

No resistors needed. I am a little mad they decided to offer the 6.2 this model year. Actually rather annoyed cause I would have done that version. 

Yea I ordered mine back in May, and just got her.  It is a shame they waited until the last year of this body style to put the 6.2. Hell I might regret buying this if the all new 2020 Suburban is that much better. New platform, independent rear suspension, new looks.  But they might not offer the 6.2l right away.  Who knows though.  Thanks for your help.  I’ll be sure to post pics once they are in. 

Edited by Danyi2170

1 hour ago, Danyi2170 said:

Yea I ordered mine back in May, and just got her.  It is a shame they waited until the last year of this body style to put the 6.2. Hell I might regret buying this if the all new 2020 Suburban is that much better. New platform, independent rear suspension, new looks.  But they might not offer the 6.2l right away.  Who knows though.  Thanks for your help.  I’ll be sure to post pics once they are in. 

I should have thought of that. I always say I want to order mine every time I get a new vehicle but they always have something near spot on to what I would order anyways.  Looks solid. I see they changed the premier badge as well. Will be interesting to see what changes are ahead for the new version. They probably did throw the 6.2L in just to help sell more of them in prep for the next gen.

• 1 year later...