Zane

GM-Fort-Wayne-Investment-720x340[1].jpg

These are 2014's... but imagine this as a line of 2019 Silverado

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

6/4/18

Only eight more weeks until GM-Trucks.com's all new 2019 Silverado roars to life. That is, as long as our LTZ's scheduled production week holds firm. 

If you've been following along, you know we've already put in our order for an all new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ. About three weeks ago we visited our local dealership, Banks Chevrolet in Concord, NH  and placed our order into the system on the very first day we could. Not long after we received our official order number. Now, we can report our order has gone at least a few steps further in the production process and has been assigned a build week and entered Status 3300 in GM's production system. 

If all goes to schedule, we've learned that our 2019 Silverado LTZ will be built during the week of July 30th, 2018. This assignment of a production week means that all of the parts Chevrolet will use to assemble our truck have been ordered, allocated, and assigned to our vehicle. All we have to do is wait for it to come together at the factory. 

So if all goes to schedule, when will we take delivery? That's the million dollar question. We assume some level of delay leaving the factory during the first few months of production. Assuming our truck rolls of the line during production week two, we expect a  hold before the truck starts the journey to New Hampshire. We're hoping for a late August delivery but are prepared for September instead. No need to rush- we'd like a quality truck please. 

So how did we get such "insider" information about our truck build? Surprisingly, the Chevrolet.com Website Chat. Yes, the brand's website customer assistance chat app. Which means- if you have an order in for a 2019 Silverado or Sierra, all you have to do is ask the Chevy or GMC website chat representative for help with your order. All you need is your order number. It was quick easy, and we found out our truck's production week in about 5 minutes. 

We'll keep you updated as we get more details about our LTZ's build progress. 

• Like 1

Hi. I just joined. I don't know if I'm replying in the right spot. . I also have a 2019 GMC on ordered. Ordered 5-17-18 like you, but mine is a 3500 HD SLE 4wd short bed 6.0l . Originally ordered a 2018 in mid April only to find out GM quit taking orders mid March . So 2019 is on order. Don't know much about how GM works as I have been a Cummins man since they first put a Cummins in a Dodge in "89"  Do you know if your 1500 is made in the same factory as mine will be. From what I read, I guess mine will be made in Flint some day. Tonight I plan to take your advise and go on GMC chat to see what I can find out. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks      

38 minutes ago, S Palmer said:

Hi. I just joined. I don't know if I'm replying in the right spot. . I also have a 2019 GMC on ordered. Ordered 5-17-18 like you, but mine is a 3500 HD SLE 4wd short bed 6.0l . Originally ordered a 2018 in mid April only to find out GM quit taking orders mid March . So 2019 is on order. Don't know much about how GM works as I have been a Cummins man since they first put a Cummins in a Dodge in "89"  Do you know if your 1500 is made in the same factory as mine will be. From what I read, I guess mine will be made in Flint some day. Tonight I plan to take your advise and go on GMC chat to see what I can find out. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks      

Flint is crew cab production for HD trucks.  Limited numbers of 1/2 ton crew get built in Flint.  Most are Silao, Mexico.  I took a look at the VIN cards for the new 1/2 ton, Ft Wayne and Silao are the only two plants listed for production. 

Also, HD crew cabs start production next Monday the 9th.   

Edited by newdude

Ok, Thanks for the reply.  I just did a chat with GM and they said mine was also in 3300 status with a Targeted Production Week  of 6/25/18. Did state that this was only an estimated week and are unable to provide any ETA's. 

10 hours ago, S Palmer said:

Ok, Thanks for the reply.  I just did a chat with GM and they said mine was also in 3300 status with a Targeted Production Week  of 6/25/18. Did state that this was only an estimated week and are unable to provide any ETA's. 

June or July 25th?

It is the week of 6-25-18. I had stated a chat a 4:30 pm only to have it cut short. But before it was, they had that date. Then around 7pm I did another Chat, because I had some other questions, and they replied with the same date. 

The next time I think I'll check on it will be that Friday the 22nd or definitely Monday the 25th. I'll let you know what they say then.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 7:49 PM, S Palmer said:

It is the week of 6-25-18. I had stated a chat a 4:30 pm only to have it cut short. But before it was, they had that date. Then around 7pm I did another Chat, because I had some other questions, and they replied with the same date. 

The next time I think I'll check on it will be that Friday the 22nd or definitely Monday the 25th. I'll let you know what they say then.  

Thanks. Seems weird because production isn't supposed to start until July. 

I was wrong and didn't see his truck was an HD. Whoops!

Since I sold my old truck the end of April and currently don't have a truck, I'm getting anxious to say the least. So , I did stop by my dealer today on the way home from work. They confirmed  what the GM Chat said and it should be built sometime next week.  I'll Chat with them next Monday and let you know. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I know I ordered a 3500 and you guy's are all waiting for the new 1500. With that noted, the GM chat and dealer had told me my truck would be built the week of 6/25. So Monday night after dinner I went to the GM chat and asked if they new what the status was. They gave me the same reply, estimated to be built this week depending on the factory's schedule. when I asked if they would know better this evening, Friday, they asked if I would like weekly Friday updates till my truck left the factory. My reply ABSOLUTELY ! Today when I got home from work I received an Email telling me it was built this week , currently waiting to be transported. It said at this time they didn't have a time frame for that. I could check with my dealer , Chat with them at any time , regardless they'll send me another update next Friday. I just figured I'd pass on my progress in case this might interest anyone that has a truck on order.  

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Truck was built on 6-27. Shipped out to distribution center July 2nd . Since then GM Chat has not been able to update me as it is out of there hands and into who ever is in charge of shipping it. 

The dealer seams reluctant to give me any info except it will be here soon. I see others that know when it hits the rail yard and is waiting for a truck. Stopped at my dealer last night and received a phone call back today just to tell me its on a train and will be here in the next couple weeks .   

• 3 weeks later...