Red Rally 2 build

Red Rally 2

Took a 170 mile trip yesterday with  mixed driving, but mostly stretches of highway and averaged 23.8 mpg. Best I got was 25.4 mpg along the way. Some cruse control at 70’ish, but we hit traffic and an accident In route. Considering I’ve been getting about 12.4 mpg around town that looks pretty good to me. My window sticker said 16/22 mpg average, so looks like I am on the extreme end of both city and highway with my driving. A friend of mine with a 2016 5.3 told me his best was 27.5 mpg with cruse on at 65 mph.

• Like 2

Return trip and trafic was ugly. 23.3 mpg average with a best of only 24.1 mpg. I was surprised I even got that much in the heavy traffic patterns. Not complaining though, was just hoping to hit no traffic and see if I could push my best a little higher.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much going on for now, so I thought I would share the only little item I added, a Rally Edition plate frame. Dumb , I know, but it matches the truck.

My friend with the 2016, just traded it in for a new 2019 High Country he ordered in July. He had a new set of factory Z71 mats he took off the 2016 when it was new and a set of WeatherTech mats that he is giving me. I need to go pick them up.

3_DC63_A2_C-_D419-452_C-9_CA4-9_D6_C26_A

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the plugs came today and did not go well. I don’t know if I bought the wrong ones or what. They did not fit and when I tried to tap them in with a rubber mallet, the ears all broke off and it won’t go in.

As fate would have it, I saw my buddy tonight that had the 2016 LTZ that he traded in on his new 2019 High Country. He brought me the set of frame plugs he had on his 2016 along with the floor mats. I’ll give them a try tomorrow. The 2019 is gorgeous! Perl white with every bell and whistle Chevy offers. Black and brown interior and I love the heads up display on the windshield.

306_F54_A9-6_AA0-4250-9_C5_A-2533_CBAB30

13484_BE8-297_D-41_C0-_B667-_B46355_F06_

7_C949888-0_DD7-4859-_BFBC-0_EA25_D630_F

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

While I am breaking the truck in and trying to decide what it wants to be when it grows up, I’m board and looking for small touches to make it mine. This is a real small one, but I kind of liked it. I sanded the area down with 600 grid paper, cleaned and then wax and grease removed it. The color looks a little off in the pictures, but it is spot on in person.

EB34-C742-D9-B3-46-C1-B43-A-E6-F6204150-

DDEA2-C30-6507-4-EC1-9-F77-957-FCF03621-

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Red Rally 2 said:

While I am breaking the truck in and trying to decide what it wants to be when it grows up, I’m board and looking for small touches to make it mine. This is a real small one, but I kind of liked it. I sanded the area down with 600 grid paper, cleaned and then wax and grease removed it. The color looks a little off in the pictures, but it is spot on in person.

EB34-C742-D9-B3-46-C1-B43-A-E6-F6204150-

DDEA2-C30-6507-4-EC1-9-F77-957-FCF03621-

Look's Good Bowtie & engine cover.  WOULD look better on my BLACK truck ?

This one is a personal note... I have a two year old grandson who is in total love with my truck. He looks for it when I visit and loves to sit in it and play driving. I could not resist buying him this so he will have one of his own.

678050-C1-2925-41-E4-ABC5-E849-B0561-ABC

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had my first check up (oil change, tire rotation, etc...) at 3,500 miles/6 months. No issues. 

The debate on an exhaust system is raging in my head. Is a Flowmaster 44 dual exhaust system “good enough” or do I get the Corsa... Flowmaster is one third the cost and trust me I know you get what you pay for, but by the time it needs replacing I will want to change it anyhow... I can pick up a cold air box and still spend less then the Corsa. The real issue is my ego... want vs. need.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just checking in at 6,700 miles. Nothing new, other then using her. I’m still intending on changing the exhaust at some point, but other then that, I’m not finding the need to modify anything else at this point.

I did just take a 215 mile round trip and averaged 21 mpg. I hit a new high of 28.1 mpg on the trip.

• Like 1