Mirrors Folding and Doors Locking While Driving

I have a strange problem with my 2014 Sierra SLT 1500. Randomly the doors will self-lock and the mirrors will fold. This will happen even while driving down the road. I will unfold the mirrors and they will refold in a couple seconds. After 3-4 times, it will quit. It is disconcerting because it can self-lock even while idling in the driveway. I have to use Onstar to unlock my truck. But I have to be quick and yank the door open instantly or it will self-lock again in about 1 second. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It could also be a bad switch module in the driver's door - has something been spilled on them?

Next choice would be something in the cabin computer module.

These things are all digital now  and switches no longer close the circuit - they send a message to the computer and it actually closes the switch.

I can try switching key fobs, but it does it randomly while driving also.
You are aware that you can fold the mirrors in and out with the key fob, right? By holding the button in for a couple sec. Next time you get out of your truck, hit the lock button to lock the doors, then press it again and hold it. They will fold in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...