Driver side wind noise (window seal)

I've got a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 that has wind noise on driver's side. I just came out of the shop for the issue. Said the sealed holes in door with gap sealer, but I still have the noise. After examining, I noticed the window seal is not tucked under the mirror very tight, like the passenger side is. I believe the air is coming between the door and seal, as the way it is now, wind would catch the corner of seal. 

Anyone know if the window seal is supposed to be between the mirror plastic and mirror rubber flap, or under both? I don't want to reverse engineer the passenger side and take a chance at screwing it up. My passenger side is under both. Curious if any others had to do this. 

Thanks guys!

Edited by Cjc16

Use some body tape and tape up the seal around the mirror then take it for a drive and see if it’s better. I’m assuming you still have warranty so take your findings with you to the dealer. If your dealer is clueless try another one. Most dealers/repair shops will have a “fog” “smoke” machine they use to find air leaks. Hopefully it’s as simple as swapping out the mirror gasket in your case some trucks require a “adjustment” to the door. 

Heres a couple threads to read through. 

This is the fix for the 14s but it shows you where to look if it’s not the mirror 

https://gm.oemdtc.com/7645/pi1221-excessive-wind-noise-from-front-side-door-glass-area-2014-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

Use some body tape and tape up the seal around the mirror then take it for a drive and see if it’s better. I’m assuming you still have warranty so take your findings with you to the dealer. If your dealer is clueless try another one. Most dealers/repair shops will have a “fog” “smoke” machine they use to find air leaks. Hopefully it’s as simple as swapping out the mirror gasket in your case some trucks require a “adjustment” to the door. 
Heres a couple threads to read through. 
[/url]  
This is the fix for the 14s but it shows you where to look if it’s not the mirror 
https://gm.oemdtc.com/7645/pi1221-excessive-wind-noise-from-front-side-door-glass-area-2014-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

Thank you so much. I think the weather strip might be it. I had the door repainted and ever since then it's been louder.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I've had my 2018 in three times for this issue. They first did the service bulletin regarding this problem. No help. They then tried other inventive things that didnt work. I hear it at 45mph and up. $50,000 truck. My son's 2006 siverado much quieter.

• 11 months later...