Question

Back in January I had the ABS light coming on and the brake booster kicking in at low speeds or when beginning to stop, changed the front ABS speed sensors and solved problem. Now at highway speed of 60 mph or greater the abs light comes on and the alarm dinger that is identical to the buckle seat alarm comes on goes off a few miles later it comes again. It usually has to be driven about 6 to 8 miles before this cycle begins.  Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? My mechanic put his computer on it and it's not throwing a code and it has us puzzled.

9 answers to this question

If the light came on, then there's a code in memory. Try another scan tool and report back with that code.

On the back of the engine block passenger side coming from the main wiring harness on the fire wall will be a single ground wire that goes to the back of the engine block it’s kinda hard to get to and harder to see but the connector is damaged or loose and is causing your issue undo the wire and relocate it to the ground pin on the fire wall that has the braided ground strap coming from it this will solve your issue for sure it sounds to simple but believe me it works have a great day

Adam,

Thank you so much for your input!! I would like to ask you to do me a huge favor!!?? Please snap a couple of pictures of yours and its location so that I know exactly what wire I'm looking for so I don't mess up and pick the wrong wire. I would appreciate that very much!

Regards,

Heath

Just saw your message give me about 20 minutes and I’ll hve the pics for you

Post the picture to help the next guy with this issue

If you need help, contact me

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By roadrage201
      I've got a 2012 Silverado 1500 Z71 and I'm disgusted with it. The trouble started when my 4wd would not go into 4 Auto and would barely shift into 2hi and 2lo. I received a "service four wheel drive" display. My local shop pulled the code that basically said the front differential actuator was faulty. I cant remember the exact code.. anyway, I changed the actuator (very easy fix...I thought). The problem persisted. Now, I'm not sure what prompted me to do this, but I pulled the encoder motor from the transfer case. As I was doing  this, the motor bumped into the t case and arced. This is when the lights on the 4wd knob went out. So, after that I bought a new encoder motor. I also replaced the TREC fuse. It had popped, I'm guessing, when the arc occurred. Now, after all this, not ONLY is my 4wd auto STILL not working, but my dash is lit up with the same "service 4wd system", but also the "service trailer brake system", brake light and traction control light. I got the codes read again, and it is displaying U0121, Cannot communicate with ABS controller. I have inspected the ABS controller connection for corrosion and loose fitting as well as checked ALL fuses. I tested the grounds and hot wire pins. I also tested and cleaned the chassis ground connection on the frame. All good. I suspect that the OBD2 needs to be reset but I'm not sure.  Anyone have any suggestions?
    • By tndenaliquad
      hey, im a first timer to this site/forum. Have just started receiving an audible and the dash light only when I turn to the left at slow speeds, such as parking, backing...parking a hard left , even got some brake peddle vibration ive heard EBCM grounds... speed sensors..ABS pump. we just had A big ole snow in tri-cities TN. and all the sudden this ABS light, and alarm started coming on , but just turning to the left like I said, weird.. are the grounds dirty/ salted up? why so sudden? all good before driving in nasty weather. brakes work fine.but the just turning to the left thing before I get an alarm is puzzling. any help? thanks!