I’m looking for any information on swapping gen3 5.3 With a gen4 controller (I want to use the 6L80e transmission.) I know the knock sensors are in the valley cover and it has the 24x reluctor and 1x cam sensor. I’ve heard it is possible to relocate the knock sensors to where they are on gen 4 block and swap reluctors and cams to work with the gen 4 controller, does anyone have any experience with actually doing so?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mattbull88
      Hey everyone, got a question someone might be able to answer. 

I've got a '14 Silverado 1500 WT.  At the back under the bed on the driver side near the spare tire is a wire hanging down with no end. Originally thought it was a frame ground because the outer casing is black but today I took a pair of wire stripers and found that there are 3 thin wires inside of the black sheathing. They are Solid Red, Solid Yellow, and Solid Black. All lights on the truck work, the trailer lights all work when plugged in too. 

Anyone have any idea what this could go to? I currently have it rolled up and ziptied to the frame.  Thanks for any help.
    • By SpeedyV
      ***EDIT: Now that we've listed this truck for sale in a few places online, we've lowered the price to $10,900 OBO!***

All - I've finally decided to let go of my '03 GMC 1500HD.  This has been a great truck for me, but I have one more vehicle than I have garage bays, and I don't want to leave it sitting outside.

This truck is loaded (see my signature), and I have kept detailed records since purchasing it in 2010.  I bought it with 91K miles, and I'm selling with 170K.  I average 6-7K per year with it over the past few years, and it's a garage queen.  It has spent most of its life in Texas and is completely rust-free, with no irreversible modifications.  The engine, transmission, auto 4WD, and Quadrasteer systems are all rock-solid.

I can provide much more information on request, but I am reaching out to the forum to see if anyone is specifically looking for a good Quadrasteer truck.  We're asking $10,900 OBO, and I have an offer on the table a little north of $10K right now.  I can let it go for that, but I'm open to a better offer from someone that will appreciate the unique features of this truck.

Thanks in advance for having a look!

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      10-19-2018
      Tuffy Security Products has just launched a new rear under seat lockbox designed to fit 2019 GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado Crew Cab and Double Cab pickup trucks. With Tuffy's form-fitting design, the lockbox is concealed from view when the Trucks' 60/40 split bench seats are down. The Model 352 is built from rugged 16 gauge powder coated welded steel. The box includes Tuffy's patented Pry-Guard locking system with 1/8-inch welded steel components with chamfered edges. Tuffy's Pry-Guard technology has a 10 tumbler double-bitted security lock complete with weather seals to keep the contents of your box secure. The 352's weather-resistant lid has an exclusive hinge system with a built-in lid stop that holds up lid when open. 

There is no drilling required to install the Tuffy Model 352 and all the hardware you need is included. The innovative mounting system allows for quick removal when the lockbox is open. "At Tuffy, we are committed to bringing our customers high-quality security products. The Model 352 is an excellent addition to the Tuffy Product line because it is completely concealed from view, has two separate access points and is designed to protect whatever gear is stored inside," said Chip Olson, Tuffy Security's marketing director.

The new 352 for the 2019 Sierra and Silverado joins the Model 343 for the new Colorado and Canyon trucks and the  Model 340, which is for the 2007-2018 Silverado and Sierra. Tuffy now has boxes built specifically for the majority of GM's trucks. GM-Trucks.com hopes to test out the new 352 in our long-term 2019 Silverado tester. Watch for a full review in the coming months.    

• By phabejhmoob
      Hello yall, it's been great reading up and contributing here but I'm out of the GM game..   I went and got me a Tundra.  I just needed a crew cab and felt my extended cab wasn't going to serve my family well - too crowded.  

I'll miss some nice features that the Silverado had but at the same time.. I got a really good deal on my Tundra (higher trim than my Silverado ever was).