I’m looking for any information on swapping gen3 5.3 With a gen4 controller (I want to use the 6L80e transmission.) I know the knock sensors are in the valley cover and it has the 24x reluctor and 1x cam sensor. I’ve heard it is possible to relocate the knock sensors to where they are on gen 4 block and swap reluctors and cams to work with the gen 4 controller, does anyone have any experience with actually doing so?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Justin_R
      Hope you guys are doing well! 

Found a lovely deal for a chevy 2016 - LT Z71 - V5.3
      This is my first truck and looking to lift it. found a good price for Rough Country lift kit - 3.5 inch

BILSTEIN 5100: https://psp.ae/product/bilstein-performance-shocks-15/
      Rough Country KIT: https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-275-8.html

Many people been complaining about how cheap the rough country shocks are, so I was thinking is it possible to install Bilstein 5100 shocks kit on this kit? or would they not fit into these?  
      This way I would lift the truck + level it + have some what better shocks
      I thought about selling the Rough Country shocks instead

Your thought and experience are much appreciated! 

• By Sweetlucille
      Wanting to get some info and advice on doing a manual swap in my 2000 Silverado 1500 4wd
    • By dylbeau1500
      Located in Northern NJ  Company: Sound Off Audio  Size: Dual 10" with 9" 3/16 cutout  Made of 5/8" MDF with Black Fabric Color  Mounting Depth of Sub: 5.5"    Includes speaker terminals    Fits 2014-16 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra Double Cab    Box was used for around one year until the truck was sold. It's in good condition and had great fitment under the rear seat. Need it out of the garage so 100 OBO

• By kowblansky01
      Hey guys! I've got a 2005 chevy suburban 1500 with stock everything (except tires). I have 265/70R17 BFGoodrich tires A/T yet they look somewhat small and want to beef up my suburban. I am somewhat inexperienced in this topic, besides from what I have read and researched. I was looking into the BFG's A/T KO2 tires (since they are bigger than my outdated bfg a/t tires) but I was wondering what is the biggest size I can get without having it rub the wheel wells, therefore not making me have to mod the front bumper or having to get different rims. Hope you guys can give me some advice and if you have pictures of what they look like or what my suburban might look like, PLEASE include them. Thanks