Sign in to follow this  
Randanator72

Can I use 06 gen3 5.3 with Gen 4 controller and 6L80e Trans?

I’m looking for any information on swapping gen3 5.3 With a gen4 controller (I want to use the 6L80e transmission.) I know the knock sensors are in the valley cover and it has the 24x reluctor and 1x cam sensor. I’ve heard it is possible to relocate the knock sensors to where they are on gen 4 block and swap reluctors and cams to work with the gen 4 controller, does anyone have any experience with actually doing so?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Blueknight304
      Hi all,

Now that I am a bit older with a family, the days of extreme loud exhaust in sport cars / trucks has come to somewhat of an end.  I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.3l.  About a year ago I decided to try out the Magnaflow cat back 3" and had a horrible drone through pretty much the entire RPM range.  I tried everything to calm the drone but nothing seemed to work.  I tried a couple of Borla exhaust systems and still too loud of a drone.  I wanted to share a new cat back exhaust I just had installed that I am more than pleased with. The exhaust is handcrafted by MRT Performance in Plymouth Michigan, near where I live. They use T304 piping and they spent a lot of time developing and perfecting a bad a$$ muffler with a drone rating of 1 out of a 10 scale. Meaning 1 is almost no drone. The exhaust tip comes welded on and nice exhaust clamps are included.  A buddy recommended them to me after my numerous failed attempts of finding a low drone, performance exhaust.  I wanted to share this because I have read other posts about guys wanting performance exhaust but without the loudness / extreme drone. I have to tell  you that I am so impressed and so relieved the drone, that was giving me headaches, is now gone!  The low nice sounding rumble is there that at cruising speeds, and going WOT gives me that ear to ear grin! Normally I would not post about products I buy, but I had to share this newest purchase. The nice thing is I can have normal conversations at all RPM levels.  The cool thing is MRT posted two nice videos of interior and exterior sounds using their Silverado test vehicle. I purchased the MRT Deep & Mellow cat back.    They do ship their systems too. I attached some photos of my truck with the completed system in place. The link to the website is https://www.shopmrt.com/Chevy-Silverado-Performance-Exhaust-s/2273.htm

• By ruggerag
      My brakes are squealing, and have been for a while. I took my truck in and was told there is some uneven spots on the rotors but it doesnt affect function, it's just annoying. Well, I'm tired of it. I'm at 45k and its probably close enough.

So as per my lurking, I think I want to go with the police package brakes. Anyone who has these, will they affect braking in the cold/snow/wet or while towing?

I was looking at this thread below and someone linked a photo of the parts from rockauto. It shows a couple different parts for the front pads and rotors and rear pads and rotors- do I want bendix, raybestos, or acdelco when I have an option? Are the prices for the rotors per rotor (vs per pair)?

This is the first time I've done brakes. Any tips? I have a 2015 Silverado ltz z71 4wd.

Thanks!

• By Music Junkie
      I have a 2014 Silverado LTZ (very high milage - 219,000)  Runs great and still has some power left under the hood.  For the most part, it is in great shape.  It have a strange noise when acceleration or getting up to about 3 or 4 thousand RPM.  It only does it under load, so it is hard to find where the noise is coming from.  In the attached video, it takes place at 12-18s and then again at 40-46s.  It is hard to hear because of the wind noise, but I can't figure out how to isolate the noise any better.  If anyone has any ideas, I would sure appreciate the input.  The water pump was just replaced, and so was the alternator, along with the tensioner pulley.  I admit my limited knowledge under the hood, but I am willing to learn and fix it, if I can.

https://youtu.be/PctCm6Ai09Y
    • By GlocksnChevys
      So i just got a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado. Im brand new to this forum but need answers. I have a whine particularly noticeable in first gear from a stop that is a constant pitch and gets louder with rpm. I went and had my tranny serviced, the place said the pan looked good no excessive material on the pan or anything. But i just cant seem to shake this noise. It does it every single time. Also my headlights flicker when i apply the brakes. Also a very faint hum is heard in overdrive very faint. You have to listen to it. Notice it between 45-55mph other than that i love the truck but these 3 things are bothering me bad cause it is the first chevy ive owned. Any help? Please.

5.3 L V8 w/afm