Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

42 minutes ago, z1boss said:

It is part of the Safety Package available on the lower trims levels if that option is selected

Ok, thanks. Safety packages tend to get a hard pass from me. I doubt this would be worth putting up with all the other nannies that would include. 

4 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Ok, thanks. Safety packages tend to get a hard pass from me. I doubt this would be worth putting up with all the other nannies that would include. 

Honestly, I haven't used the task lights at all.

However, this Safety package includes the blind spot monitors and the rear cross traffic alert and I have been saved multiple times by both.  It's a big truck and more prone to missing what is around you.  It's your choice but it is definitely worth the money in my opinion.

• Like 5

Honestly, I haven't used the task lights at all.

However, this Safety package includes the blind spot monitors and the rear cross traffic alert and I have been saved multiple times by both.  It's a big truck and more prone to missing what is around you.  It's your choice but it is definitely worth the money in my opinion.

I agree with@z1boss, in the past I always said I’d never pay extra for safety features/packages etc, but once you have them... man they are convenient! It’s definitely worth it, it’s just that extra little thing to keep you and your truck safe
  • Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, MikeNH said:

Learned something interesting from browsing the Upfitter site last night. Apparently all trucks have a feature which only the dealer can enable that will under certain conditions run the climate control blower to blast off condensation from the evaporate coils to help eliminate odors from occurring.  

Mike, is this feature on the 2019 and future models only?

OOPS...I found it:

Edited by SS502

Maybe not really a secret feature, but yup, I love it. It was a must have for me. Took a tiny bit of getting used to but really you can see everything so much better. Especially since the new trucks have taller headrests in the rear that obscure more of the window.

26 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Maybe not really a secret feature, but yup, I love it. It was a must have for me. Took a tiny bit of getting used to but really you can see everything so much better. Especially since the new trucks have taller headrests in the rear that obscure more of the window.

Man I had no idea they had it, called my dad and he didn’t know either. So when I went over to his house I checked it out.  Very cool, funny he didn’t know about it and he’s been in the truck a month or so.  But in reality there was no reason for him to stumble upon it, it truly wasn’t advertised or marked so I can see how it’s easy to miss.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 7:09 PM, obfirefighter22 said:

Man I had no idea they had it, called my dad and he didn’t know either. So when I went over to his house I checked it out.  Very cool, funny he didn’t know about it and he’s been in the truck a month or so.  But in reality there was no reason for him to stumble upon it, it truly wasn’t advertised or marked so I can see how it’s easy to miss.

That's funny, when I was shopping for mine that was one of the most-advertised and talked-about features.

It's cool, but now that I have it I really find the mirror view much better in general.  The mono-camera can't move as easily or provide much depth perception.

Way better than nothing when the bed cover is folded up blocking the whole window though!

That's funny, when I was shopping for mine that was one of the most-advertised and talked-about features.  

It's cool, but now that I have it I really find the mirror view much better in general.  The mono-camera can't move as easily or provide much depth perception.

Way better than nothing when the bed cover is folded up blocking the whole window though!

Same for me, it was one of the first things they brought up. I didn’t think I’d care for it, but the first time I saw it in person I wanted it, it’s a pretty great feature

Side note: I really wish I had a designated sunglasses holder :( do you guys have one?

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 1:03 PM, SS502 said:

Mike, is this feature on the 2019 and future models only?

OOPS...I found it:

This can be done to just about any GM vehicle since around 2013 (and some models back as far as 2009) but you need to get the dealer to agree to do it under warranty or be willing to pay them for it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, OnTheReel said:

I just toss ‘em in the tray on the top of the dash. My 2016 had the holder in the overhead console but it was so small it was a joke, so I don’t really miss that.

Ya know, it's funny, even though that little cubby on top of the dash is RIGHT there, I kinda forgot about it. That spot will be sufficient as my dedicated sunglasses holder, I can't really see using that area for anything else for me so that works. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, it's the little things :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

Ya know, it's funny, even though that little cubby on top of the dash is RIGHT there, I kinda forgot about it. That spot will be sufficient as my dedicated sunglasses holder, I can't really see using that area for anything else for me so that works. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, it's the little things :) 

Careful using that cubby, some glasses nose-pads are sensitive to UV or heat and start to crumble, my Revos never did well left in the sun like that.   Silicone and solid nose pads should be fine.