Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

On 10/19/2018 at 10:59 AM, DougFL said:

On the Silverado powered tailgate you only need to touch the dash switch or tailgate button once to open.  The key fob requires you to press the tailgate button twice to open.  To close the tailgate remotely you have to press the dash button and hold until closed.  The key fob requires you to push the tailgate button twice and on the second push to hold the button down until the tailgate is fully closed.  Found this out after my dealer told me you cannot close the tailgate remotely!

I'm glad I saw this. I thought my tailgate was already broke.

• 2 weeks later...

I did my first mod and at first it was a failure.  I purchased the Putco Blade Light Bar for under the tailgate.  It comes with a harness that looks like the picture below.  I plugged it in it didn't work.  I took out my volt meter and tested and tested.  The only conclusion that I could make was that unless a trailer is hooked to the vehicle, the computer will not send the Lamp Signals to the harness/plug connector.  I took the vehicle to my friends Car Audio store and he came to the same conclusion.  Had to hard-wire it for it to work.

Putco-Blade-Quick-Connect-Harness-529004.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Learned something interesting from browsing the Upfitter site last night. Apparently all trucks have a feature which only the dealer can enable that will under certain conditions run the climate control blower to blast off condensation from the evaporate coils to help eliminate odors from occurring.  

• Like 1

Learned something interesting from browsing the Upfitter site last night. Apparently all trucks have a feature which only the dealer can enable that will under certain conditions run the climate control blower to blast off condensation from the evaporate coils to help eliminate odors from occurring.  
What is that feature called ? I would love to have the dealer do it on mine all the vehicles I've owned get that smell.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 6:08 PM, cbpagent72 said:

What is that feature called ? I would love to have the dealer do it on mine all the vehicles I've owned get that smell.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They call it “afterblow”. 

2 hours ago, MikeNH said:

They call it “afterblow”. 

Thanks MikeNH!

Here's what I found on the Upfitter website for Afterblow, and I can see why they don't enable it by default, people would be complaining about the blower motor running after they've shut off their vehicle:

Afterblow

Afterblow is a feature that dries the evaporator core by operating the blower motor after the engine is turned OFF. This reduces the amount of microbial growth that can create undesirable odors. The vehicle does not come equipped with the afterblow feature turned ON. If the afterblow feature is required due to an odor concern, it must be enabled using the scan tool Afterblow configuration function.

After the HVAC control module has been programmed for afterblow, the following conditions must be met for afterblow to operate:

The engine has been turned OFF for at least 30 minutes.

The ambient air temperature is at least 21°C (70°F).

The A/C compressor operated for more than 2 minutes before shut down.

The system voltage is at least 12 volts.

Once the above conditions have been met, the blower motor will perform the following sequence up to 5 times.

This could last up to an hour:

1. The blower motor will be OFF for 7 11 minutes.

2. The blower motor will RUN for 25 30 seconds.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Another interesting thing that I have not seen mentioned- 4WD trucks no longer have a neutral button for the transfer case (at least not the trucks I've seen).

This is the procedure:

From 2WD, push the 2 high button 5 times in 10 seconds. Trans must be in neutral and the brake pedal must be pressed or the parking brake on. 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:59 AM, berk4422 said:

I did my first mod and at first it was a failure.  I purchased the Putco Blade Light Bar for under the tailgate.  It comes with a harness that looks like the picture below.  I plugged it in it didn't work.  I took out my volt meter and tested and tested.  The only conclusion that I could make was that unless a trailer is hooked to the vehicle, the computer will not send the Lamp Signals to the harness/plug connector.  I took the vehicle to my friends Car Audio store and he came to the same conclusion.  Had to hard-wire it for it to work.

Putco-Blade-Quick-Connect-Harness-529004.jpg

That bade led light bar is listed under the accessories page on the Chevrolet website, It must work somehow with the trailer connector wires as putco says if they're listing it.

Also does it produce much light in reverse? I'm thinking about getting this added to my truck and black out the tail lights. once it arrives,

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I have noticed with this truck is that when costing it holds on to your current speed better than my previous Silverado. Going down a slight hill my old Silverado would gain speed very easily and I would find myself 10 mph over speed limit quite often. And then on flat ground or a small incline it would loose speed. Anyone else notice that or am I just crazy? Old truck was a 2013 

On 1/2/2019 at 6:50 PM, Shawnr487 said:

One thing I have noticed with this truck is that when costing it holds on to your current speed better than my previous Silverado. Going down a slight hill my old Silverado would gain speed very easily and I would find myself 10 mph over speed limit quite often. And then on flat ground or a small incline it would loose speed. Anyone else notice that or am I just crazy? Old truck was a 2013 

I noticed this too.  This truck has a much better transmission tune that holds the gear better when pushing the throttle and letting off the throttle instead of just constantly shifting into the highest gear in every instance which made for some frustrating driving in areas that are not perfectly flat.  I really do love this 10 speed so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2018 at 7:14 AM, Big E in TX said:

The “Peremiter Lighting System” succeeds the the previous, cargo box lighting feature on the K2 Generation. On the 2019 Silverado, the Perimeter Lighting System is standard on top two trim levels; LTZ & High Country. On the 2019 Sierra, the Perimiter lighting is available on 3 trim levels; SLT, AT4, and Denali.

The Perimeter Lighting system illuminates the truck’s bed as well as the area around the vehicle, thereby helping owners see their truck as well as immediately surrounding area in poorly-lit conditions, including dark worksites, camping grounds and driveways.

Can this be added to lower trim levels? Included in a convenience package or anything like that? 

Was trying to get the auto high beams to turn on, apparently you can only enable it if you manually turn your fog lights off. I was hoping you could enable it no matter what and if it needed to activate the high beams then it would automatically turn off the fogs. lame it's not smart enough to do that. the jag does it perfectly and it's awesome. 

I realize this is a small thing, but I expect it at this price point in any vehicle :)

• Like 2

On 1/16/2019 at 10:13 AM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Can this be added to lower trim levels? Included in a convenience package or anything like that? 

It is part of the Safety Package available on the lower trims levels if that option is selected

• Thanks 1