Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

a power-lift tailgate is not available on the 2019 Sierra in any trim/option/package; that's a Chevy exclusive. 

The remote up window feature is a typo slated for update. Remote roll up in a pinch hazard. Certain vehicles you can get a module that plugs into your OBDII port and will autoclose the windows. I had one on my 2011 regal, cost me $12 on ebay. 

The 2016 and up Sierra has has remote window down.

Edited by ImminentFailure
typo
  • Like 1

Not so cool feature. When I have the radio screen on and have the ignition off so I  can listen to the music until the rap shuts it off, I noticed that the clock displays the time but it does not keep the time until I push the ignition button. It then advances to the current time. :flag:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sams819 said:

Not so cool feature. When I have the radio screen on and have the ignition off so I  can listen to the music until the rap shuts it off, I noticed that the clock displays the time but it does not keep the time until I push the ignition button. It then advances to the current time. :flag:

I have noticed this when I have been n the carpool line. The really odd thing is that it (the time) updates periodically, but it’s been difficult to tell when it happens. Even though it updates, it’s certainly not real time, and even after it updates, its behind until I start the truck. 

Edited by Schmoe
  • Like 1

I discovered the switch for the perimeter mirror lights turns on both first, when you press again it only keeps the left one one....press again and now the right mirror light shines...press a 4th time and they shut off. 

• Like 1

Maybe not as much "cool" but I noticed a clapping plastic noise whenever i'd close the back doors, there's a spring loaded plastic flapper panel to let the air pressure out when you shut the door.  You can see it if you peek in the gap at the back between the bed and cab. 

If your truck comes with the perimeter lights in the mirrors, fold in the mirror all the way and you can light up your entire yard or that big buck standing off the side of the road. Pic below is looking out my driver window perpendicular to my truck. You can see a good 100 ft.30b706f24ec0e899c7ccabefe1e62c1e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If your truck comes with the perimeter lights in the mirrors, fold in the mirror all the way and you can light up your entire yard or that big buck standing off the side of the road. Pic below is looking out my driver window perpendicular to my truck. You can see a good 100 ft.30b706f24ec0e899c7ccabefe1e62c1e.jpg

Clever! It’s the little things in life :)

Clever! It’s the little things in life [emoji4]
We need to get someone working on a wiring diagram to be able to turn on the mirror task lights when the vehicle is driving. If I am driving through the woods at camp during the night, those mirror lights would be real handy

• Like 5

Anyone know what the sound is on the driver's side, underbody, close to where the cab and box meet... whenever you stand at the driver's door and push the button to unlock it? Almost sounds like the old fuel pump coming on noise when you would turn the key over before cranking the ignition. 

Mine does the same thing if I open the rear door to get something out of the back. I'm guessing its the fuel pump, but it seems unnecessary when opening the back door. 

3 hours ago, econometrics said:

Anyone know what the sound is on the driver's side, underbody, close to where the cab and box meet... whenever you stand at the driver's door and push the button to unlock it? Almost sounds like the old fuel pump coming on noise when you would turn the key over before cranking the ignition. 

1 hour ago, 383 said:

Mine does the same thing if I open the rear door to get something out of the back. I'm guessing its the fuel pump, but it seems unnecessary when opening the back door. 

It's the fuel pump priming up.  I personally love the sound.  Makes it sound like you got some kind of spaceship or something loll

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, z1boss said:

It's the fuel pump priming up.  I personally love the sound.  Makes it sound like you got some kind of spaceship or something loll

I used to have an E46 M3 with the SMG transmission.  When you unlocked the car the hydraulic system for the SMG would prime up to something like 1000psi.  Pretty unnerving sound for new passengers that weren't used to the car making noise like that. :thumbs:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daverado said:

I used to have an E46 M3 with the SMG transmission.  When you unlocked the car the hydraulic system for the SMG would prime up to something like 1000psi.  Pretty unnerving sound for new passengers that weren't used to the car making noise like that. :thumbs:

I think everything about a BMW with the SMG transmission is unnerving...

• Haha 1