Annual torque converter replacement

Well at 52k miles my 2015 Sierra 6.2 8sp has started to shudder again. Aleady had the torque converter replaced twice first at 16k and than at 34k, a yearly occurrence it seems. Its pretty obvious why gm dropped the 100k mile warranty. Whats the chance gm will actually come up with a fix for these transmissions or will they just abandon us that own them and hope we are dumb enough to trade into a new gm truck?

Edited by hotrdlx
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

If it is the torque converter then what if you buy a performance aftermarket one?

I thought there was a fix for these now from what I read. YES or NO?

Since it is still under powertrain warranty i dont want to modify it with a tune and aftermarket tc as im afraid of having an issue and my warranty being denied.

As far as a fix goes gn flushes the trash out of your transmission (how much damage has been done or is being done by this) than if that does t fix it they put in a new torque converter. Each one ive had has been a different part number so apparently the updates have not resolved the issue. I believe the real issue is in the transmission tuning and trying to get mpg by sacrificing reliability.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hotrdlx said:

Well at 52k miles my 2015 Sierra 6.2 8sp has started to shudder again. Aleady had the torque converter replaced twice first at 16k and than at 34k, a yearly occurrence it seems. Its pretty obvious why gm dropped the 100k mile warranty. Whats the chance gm will actually come up with a fix for these transmissions or will they just abandon us that own them and hope we are dumb enough to trade into a new gm truck?

Have a read:  https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/216529-16-na-175-8-speed-shudder-update/?tab=comments#comment-2170837

I just got my 2016 Sierra 6.2/A8 back from having the flush done. GM is no longer replacing any torque converters until after the beginning of the year when the new fix comes out 2019 Q1.

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, Roscopcoletrain said:

there is a fix coming in the new year according to the latest tsb posted in here

I had mine replaced last year at about 110k miles (2015 Silverado LT) and it just started shuddering again today (125k miles). Wondering if last years repair is still under warranty...