Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

7 minutes ago, TH3JUICEMAN said:

Both fabtech and rough country have 4”lifts for the tb/at4 (making total lift 6”)

Yeah thanks but I’m good with my height. Just want to level her out. May be forced to go higher if 295/60r20 doesn’t fit with the 0 offset wheels I have. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers supposedly measure out at 33.94x11.77. I hope they can fit because stock tires on the TB just look so small with how mu bigger they made these trucks. I don’t want to be riding on bologna skins haha. 

25 minutes ago, HvyChvy334 said:

Yeah thanks but I’m good with my height. Just want to level her out. May be forced to go higher if 295/60r20 doesn’t fit with the 0 offset wheels I have. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers supposedly measure out at 33.94x11.77. I hope they can fit because stock tires on the TB just look so small with how mu bigger they made these trucks. I don’t want to be riding on bologna skins haha. 

Ah, ok. Saw kit in your post and assumed lift kit. 

I bet Bilstein will eventually come out with 5100’s, which on the K2 could level the front end. Not sure if they’ll come out with one that’ll work on the trailboss/at4. 

You will not be able to run that size tire on a wheel with a zero offset without trimming. Even at only 11 wide the wheel will push the tire too far out that you will rub on turns

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HvyChvy334 said:

I am running a 33.5x12.5 with a 0mm offset on a stock height Trail Boss and it barely rubs at full lock only.  If you level the Trail Boss, you shouldn't rub at all with that tire size that you mentioned

9 minutes ago, K-rob said:

Would this setup work on my stock height AT4? Would wheel spacers be needed?

Wheels - https://www.oewheelsllc.com/CV98-D22095-milled-edge-black-rims-fit-Chevrolet-Silverado

Tires - 305/45r22

Since the tire measures out to be 32.8x12 and the rim has a positive 24 offset, I dont see a problem.  However, keep in mind that the brake calipers are larger on the 19s and a lot of rims do not clear the caliper.  It will ultimately come down to the angle of the spokes on the rim and spacers may be needed because of that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, z1boss said:

I am running a 33.5x12.5 with a 0mm offset on a stock height Trail Boss and it barely rubs at full lock only.  If you level the Trail Boss, you shouldn't rub at all with that tire size that you mentioned

Thanks man! Where are you rubbing at?

• 1 month later...

Just had these 35x12.5R18 BFGoodrich KO2's put on yesterday. Trailboss with 1" level, no rubbing. They may have fit without the level, but I didn't like the rake. 

The manager at the 4 wheel shop looked at the truck and said there was no way they'd fit. I insisted that they mount one up and test it, they fit perfectly. I may have to adjust the wheel well liner a little, will have to see how close the tire gets once I flex it offroad. I'll take some better pictures when I get a chance. The pics make it look like the front is higher than the back, it's not, ground wasn't level. 

No more listening to the song of the Duratracs! :D 

20190327_192628 - Copy.jpg

20190327_192831 - Copy.jpg

20190327_192920 - Copy.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StevenStarke said:

35’s fit on stock offset wheels. No rubbing.   This is known.  

This is known? :rolleyes: Right. 

A guy would have problems trying to fit a 35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grappler that actually measures out to 35". BFG 35's are spec'd at 34.5. 

So no, it's not known that all 35's fit. 

Edited by Donnyb313
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike Potts said:

Would love to see those tires on a stock trail boss, I want new shoes but don’t know what max tire size is on stock. You think those bf’s would have fit with out the level?

I doubt it, it'd be close. I'd go with a 305/65R18 or the 34x12.5R18. Those are just a little smaller and would likely fit perfect on a non-leveled trailboss, especially if you want full suspension articulation at full steering lock without rubbing. 

I'll try to take some pictures of it so you can see how close it is. 

I had the 34x12.5R18 on my 15 2500HD and I can't really tell the difference in size just by looking at them. Next time I get tires I'll probably go with the 34, at that point I'll probably get aftermarket wheels as well.