Rear window leak

Demon

On 3/14/2020 at 9:09 AM, hotrodz37 said:

My thought is almost every leak can be fixed with the Kent sealant (other than a cracked window frame) but it’s the incompetence of the techs that is leading to them leaking after this. If a proper bead was placed on the top seam of the window and then leveled out with a finger or dowel or something to make sure it spreads evenly and goes into any void it would probably work. The sloppy job by the techs with it just arbitrarily gooped along the window isn’t doing us any favors.

Like previously stated, I fixed mine myself with the permatex window and glass sealant which is a lot more viscous and goes into every nook and cranny - this is after I had the Kent sealant done by the dealer the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotrodz37, how did clean the area before applying the Permatex?  I saw you taped off the area.  Did you just run some water on top the existing sealant and dry it with a blower?  

• Like 1

Hotrodz37, how did clean the area before applying the Permatex?  I saw you taped off the area.  Did you just run some water on top the existing sealant and dry it with a blower?  

I just blew it off with some compressed air, figured there’s not really a good way to clean it but if there was any loose debris at least the air would get it out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine fixed with the sealant “Patch” 2 weeks ago. Already leaking after The first bad thunder storm in Illinois this weekend. Headliner soaked in both corners. Worse then when I brought it in the first time to get fixed. Thinking I’ll need a new headliner as well. Should be fun....

B4DD7387-A42E-412F-A7D5-93044849D3B8.jpeg

Edited by Memphis87

I was washing my truck a couple weeks ago and noticed a small leak on the driver side of my back window. Took it to the dealer and they “fixed” it. Got silicone all over my rear window and bed cover and scratched the spoiler when they removed it. Luckily, they didn’t mess up the interior of the truck any. And the window doesn’t leak anymore (yet). So I complained and they told me they would fix the spoiler and clean the job up but I ended up buying a new painted spoiler on eBay and just replaced it myself. Cleaned the silicone job up while it had it off. It sucks when you can’t trust a dealerships work. 

959E0158-CB7D-4AB7-99DA-3621E5C59517.jpeg

D99A26FF-97BB-465E-BDF1-10222256FE6E.jpeg

Dropped off my '19 LTZ Z71 for the third time on this issue this week.  

1. initial leak on drivers side corner, removed spoiler, applied sealer, did a $hitty job with sealer on window and plastic trim and paint, leaked much worse on first hand wash

2. replaced headliner, resealed window, cleaned everything - leaked on passenger side after 2 weeks just sitting in driveway

3. back in the shop, no word on the plan yet

Love the truck but really disappointed in this issue.

So in the process of replacing my headliner because of water staining from the rear window leak, I now have a leak from my front window... Apparently the front windshield had to be removed to replace the headliner. Oh, and my rear window is leaking AGAIN!!! My dealership has tried to reseal the original window, then the entire rear window was replaced, then the new rear window was resealed, and now I've discovered the leak yet again. I'll be calling back my Chevy corporate rep tomorrow, and possibly a SC lemon law lawyer depending on how the conversation with Chevy goes...74c0daecf705bbc99c6a290a05c065a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, 19TrailBoss said:

So in the process of replacing my headliner because of water staining from the rear window leak, I now have a leak from my front window... Apparently the front windshield had to be removed to replace the headliner. Oh, and my rear window is leaking AGAIN!!! My dealership has tried to reseal the original window, then the entire rear window was replaced, then the new rear window was resealed, and now I've discovered the leak yet again. I'll be calling back my Chevy corporate rep tomorrow, and possibly a SC lemon law lawyer depending on how the conversation with Chevy goes...74c0daecf705bbc99c6a290a05c065a3.jpg

WOW man .... that is a total nightmare scenario.  Good luck.

14 hours ago, 19TrailBoss said:

Lawyer up, lemon it and be done with it.  That’s insanity.  

Do you really need a lawyer for lemon claims? Just curious. In Texas my buddy handles it with Ford without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 4/6/2020 at 11:12 PM, 19TrailBoss said:

I am from S.C. also, if you would please let me know how you make out with the lemon law.  My dealer has had my truck for 3 weeks now.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:12 PM, 19TrailBoss said:

I got to looking at this again, are you sure that is coming from the front window and not from the gasket on the driver door? They have to remove those as well to remove the headliner, and maybe it was re-installed incorrectly?