Rear window leak

Demon

Add me to the list. 2020 AT4, Build date 12/19. 4,350 miles. Mine is leaking in the far right hand corner. Every time it rained (because it's normal to have to crawl around looking for window leaks in a $65k truck), I was looking for water dripping off the sliding window frame, but tonight I shined a light from the driver's seat to the passenger side rear window and noticed water behind the trim piece that covers the seat belt.  

What a joke. 

Also, I should clarify that I turned auto defrost off the minute I sat in it to test-drive it, with 15 miles on it, and I have never been in an automatic carwash. 

(NOTE: I paid deposit and then found this thread the night before picking it up. I would have never bought it had I seen this before.)

leak.jpeg

Edited by JAP90
  • Sad 1

I picked up my 2019 AT4 one year ago today. It was built on Monday June 24/19 in Fort Wayne Indiana and has the E2 Fuyao rear window. It has been parked inside a garage every night (heated in winter) and I was camping this past weekend and we had some rain. Rear window was leaking on both sides. Truck only has 9,000 miles on it and already has needed the FWD actuator replaced, transmission control module and one O2 sensor, ECM re-flash and has been in for 4 recalls.

Add me to the window leak club and I would not have looked for the leak if i hadn't seen this thread. While at camp, we looked inside my son's 2019 Elevation and his rear slider was also leaking. I like my truck but i'm not impressed with the problems after just one year of ownership.

Been following this thread since before I purchased. I've owned a 2020 Denail since October with no issues.

Took to the car wash yesterday like always but noticed the very small leaks. Definitely wasn't there before or seems like its gone on for too long.

Have seen what all the other causes were but apparently cause of mine was the seals around the window itself. As I was dropping it off I noticed the seals from the outside were really wavy about where the leaks were on inside. I looked because they had said the recent ones they were seeing that was the issue not the other stuff like the brake light or window frame.

It's supposedly already fixed and will be picking up today. [emoji1696]

US Built also. 79921a454e08efa0fd6b5204476246c4.jpg291780c02ee4ea19b6f44d9a75d4b755.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Well, here we go AGAIN. It is leaking again today. To make sure I wasn't crazy, I wiped the outside with paper towels clean with one hand and touched the inside with the other to see if I could interrupt the stream. After wiping the inside top dry, more came down on the inside. This will be attempt #3 for them to fix it. They've done the caulk job and then the full replace. We'll see what they do this time. 

image.thumb.png.0a4c573c74fd65270b39f54cbe8a183d.png

20 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

Well, here we go AGAIN. It is leaking again today. To make sure I wasn't crazy, I wiped the outside with paper towels clean with one hand and touched the inside with the other to see if I could interrupt the stream. After wiping the inside top dry, more came down on the inside. This will be attempt #3 for them to fix it. They've done the caulk job and then the full replace. We'll see what they do this time. 

Glad I stuffed a bunch of paper towels behind the headrests yesterday. This morning I went to check them and was able to squeeze out almost two ounces of water from the passenger side. Drivers side was dry.

Just dropped it off.....  

Edited by UGADawgs

2019 trail boss with 7k miles.  Went through a car wash the other day and noticed a small amount of water coming down the drivers side rear window.  

Anyone know how long they typically have the truck for a fix.  Are the fixes better now or am I still in for multiple trips to the dealership because the leaks come back?

2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali:  

In the shop for paint imperfections on the bed. Also, they have resealed and fixed the spoiler, now I have water again in the back behind the seat.  The pulled out the back seat and found water coming in through the black plastic vent that is in the middle of the back wall of the cab.  They ordered another one and replaced it and put extra clear silicone around it to seal it up.

6 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

Glad I stuffed a bunch of paper towels behind the headrests yesterday. This morning I went to check them and was able to squeeze out almost two ounces of water from the passenger side. Drivers side was dry.

Just dropped it off.....  

They called and said it was ready. they did the seam sealer job on the second window. They want it to stay dry for 24 hrs. So they are storing it under cover until tomorrow. 

What is causing these to leak??I have a 2020 LT non slider and I have no leaks...Is it just the slider?

Seems like it. Some have said they heard of the non slider leaking but there’s not one person that has confirmed it on their own truck. I think we’re safe. I’ve been watching this thread for quite some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

They called and said it was ready. they did the seam sealer job on the second window. They want it to stay dry for 24 hrs. So they are storing it under cover until tomorrow. 

Picked it up today and they said that they were supposed to add the sealer when replacing the window and didn't do that last time.

So apparently, they now always add the sealer when replacing the windows because they haven't been able to redesign the frame to not crack yet.

This seems to be a problem that won't go away if they're still using the same parts in new trucks.

If this happens again, it is probably going to be sell, trade, or replace with a solid glass.