Rear window leak

Demon

4 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

How so, the frames used on the slider are different then the ones without. How else do you think the frames crack, flexing is the only really valid reason for it to happen imo.

Just pop the hood and look at these trucks through the years and just how much support steel has been either thinned to the max or completely done away with for weight savings.

How much body flex is occurring when you pull in and out of a residential driveway ? In these example below, that is enough to cause this issue ?

image.png.7f9604adf026e52ccd29cee497e601d8.png

image.png.602fcf1eb12862ad98a4f47815ee90d4.png

My money would be on it being an issue with the window, not body flex. I’m not saying that flex may not crack the window frame, but our trucks are more rigid now than in years past, I would think. I only say this based on having earlier trucks with C-channel frames that flexed and twisted like crazy. Sometimes to the point that doors wouldn’t close when under extreme flex. I don’t recall any of my windows on those trucks leaking. So that’s why I go back to the design of the window being the culprit.

I have been dealing with this window leak since April 2019 and posted in here a bunch a while back. 
I am on my final and last attempt before I lemon law mine. I had it sealed with the TSB (leaked) then window replaced (leaked) then sealed (leaked) and now it’s in for replacement again. Bear in mind it’s also had the headliner replaced. Total time in the shop is pushing 50 days (all related to the window issue) by the time I get it back. I have been a lifelong GM customer but I’m reconsidering moving on. 
My question is have they redesigned the window frame? How have there not been more people with this issue? I see so many new trucks with the slider and I cant help but wonder if they have a leaky window. 

edit after looking through a bunch of pages it appears my last leaky window was the “redesigned” window. 

Edited by TrailBossLemonEdition

On 9/4/2020 at 8:35 AM, TrailBossLemonEdition said:

I have been dealing with this window leak since April 2019 and posted in here a bunch a while back. 
I am on my final and last attempt before I lemon law mine. I had it sealed with the TSB (leaked) then window replaced (leaked) then sealed (leaked) and now it’s in for replacement again. Bear in mind it’s also had the headliner replaced. Total time in the shop is pushing 50 days (all related to the window issue) by the time I get it back. I have been a lifelong GM customer but I’m reconsidering moving on. 
My question is have they redesigned the window frame? How have there not been more people with this issue? I see so many new trucks with the slider and I cant help but wonder if they have a leaky window. 

edit after looking through a bunch of pages it appears my last leaky window was the “redesigned” window. 

Yea as of at least 8/14/20 when mine was built its the same leaky window story.  When I called the dealer she said "oh yea one of those"  which wasn't very reassuring.  It goes in, in like 10 days, apparently they didn't have an opening until then.   The truck has 250 miles on it and leaking all over the seat, carpet, window.   This really needs to be addressed at the factory, or with a re design that actually works for us that spend a lot of money on these.  I bet most people have some type of leak but either honestly don't notice it because they don't use the back seat, or have the darker headliner like the HC one and cant see it that well?  

I have a 2019 RST Z71 that I bought back in March 2019, my first truck had some paint defects and needed 80% repainted. The dealer got me a new truck a month later, same model, just a different color. My rear window leaked and they tried fixing it 3 times with no luck. Had the window replaced and its still leaking. I am beyond frustrated at this point.

Evidently my truck must have been damaged coming off the car carrier and must have been refused by a dealer, sent back to chevy to get fixed and then sent out to a dealer which my dealer traded it for when they got me a new truck. I had all sorts of problems with the doors misaligned, gaps in the quarter panels, pry marks on the bed caps, paint missing from wrench marks on the doors bolts, the plastic piece between the windows fell off and the dealer tried installing a new one and said they only way they can get it to fit was to grind parts of the door down, I had some of the door weather stripping on the outside fall off, and there is a lot of paint boogers , must have had dust or dirt on it when it was painted. I also keep getting the " climate off" when the A/C is on. I have been dealing with Chevy corporate and they started off really responsive but now I cant even get in touch with anyone. I am not sure what else to do at this point beside get a lawyer. Anyone have any recomendations?

I have a 2019 RST Z71 that I bought back in March 2019, my first truck had some paint defects and needed 80% repainted. The dealer got me a new truck a month later, same model, just a different color. My rear window leaked and they tried fixing it 3 times with no luck. Had the window replaced and its still leaking. I am beyond frustrated at this point.

Evidently my truck must have been damaged coming off the car carrier and must have been refused by a dealer, sent back to chevy to get fixed and then sent out to a dealer which my dealer traded it for when they got me a new truck. I had all sorts of problems with the doors misaligned, gaps in the quarter panels, pry marks on the bed caps, paint missing from wrench marks on the doors bolts, the plastic piece between the windows fell off and the dealer tried installing a new one and said they only way they can get it to fit was to grind parts of the door down, I had some of the door weather stripping on the outside fall off, and there is a lot of paint boogers , must have had dust or dirt on it when it was painted. I also keep getting the " climate off" when the A/C is on. I have been dealing with Chevy corporate and they started off really responsive but now I cant even get in touch with anyone. I am not sure what else to do at this point beside get a lawyer. Anyone have any recomendations?
Lemon law it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 9/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, TrailBossLemonEdition said:

I looked back at pictures of my windows and the replacement that leaked was not the updated version. 

That being said has anyone had the redesigned window leak at all? 

Yea the trucks being built in august of 2020, mine was 8/14/20 and its leaking on the passenger side, waiting for my first service appointment yet.