Rear window leak

Demon

Just checked my 20 Sierra nothing! Has been raining a lot here so I think I’m good! If this happens to my truck it will hurt my soul! [emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a rear slider it’s only a matter of time.... [emoji3061]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you have a rear slider it’s only a matter of time.... [emoji3061]

Yea well, I didn’t spend the money on my truck tht I did for it to jus forget about it! So if it does, I will make sure it gets squared away one way or another!

37 minutes ago, WACKEM_G said:

Yea well, I didn’t spend the money on my truck tht I did for it to jus forget about it! So if it does, I will make sure it gets squared away one way or another!

Exactly.. and I'll ring the highest bell necessary to get it done!!

Edited by Spyderwebb
  • Like 1

Interesting story;  I took my truck in for its first service this morning and while visiting with the Service Adviser I asked what their process was for repairing the leaking back windows on the Silverados, not that I wanted them to do it this morning but because I wanted to know how they were handling the issue.  To my surprise I was advised that they were not familiar with that problem!  This is the top selling Chevy dealer in Kansas and I would estimate they sell hundreds if not thousands of Silverados every year!! 

I expressed my surprise and shared that on the largest GMC/Chevy - Silverado/Sierra forum there are hundreds of pages pages about this issue....so there must be a plethora of active claims on it across the country, right??

Anyway, for now I am not going to have them experiment on me with a band-aid fix, I'll wait as long as I can... or until Chevy recognizes the issue and comes up with a responsible and effective correction to this problem!

Needless to say I'm concerned!

Edited by Spyderwebb

Well I though I might have got lucky with mine and got one that didn't leak. 2019 Sierra Elevation. Build date 7/19. I have had this truck for almost a year and yesterday it started to leak. After raining most of the day I saw a puddle on top of the seat. Not looking forward to this repair.

image.png.eb03a548299bac9f4fdab1a2ab86671f.png

Well I though I might have got lucky with mine and got one that didn't leak. 2019 Sierra Elevation. Build date 7/19. I have had this truck for almost a year and yesterday it started to leak. After raining most of the day I saw a puddle on top of the seat. Not looking forward to this repair.

My at4 was built the same month... I’m next!

My at4 was built the same month... I’m next!

4 hours ago, Spyderwebb said:

Interesting story;  I took my truck in for its first service this morning and while visiting with the Service Adviser I asked what their process was for repairing the leaking back windows on the Silverados, not that I wanted them to do it this morning but because I wanted to know how they were handling the issue.  To my surprise I was advised that they were not familiar with that problem!  This is the top selling Chevy dealer in Kansas and I would estimate they sell hundreds if not thousands of Silverados every year!! 

I expressed my surprise and shared that on the largest GMC/Chevy - Silverado/Sierra forum there are hundreds of pages pages about this issue....so there must be a plethora of active claims on it across the country, right??

Anyway, for now I am not going to have them experiment on me with a band-aid fix, I'll wait as long as I can... or until Chevy recognizes the issue and comes up with a responsible and effective correction to this problem!

Needless to say I'm concerned!

My 2019 AT4 build date 6/19 Fuyao E2 has been parked in my garage since new but after reading this post, I checked it in July and found it to be leaking. I've been driving around with a towel in the back window since then waiting for the dealer to get more experienced with the repair. I finally went to the dealer on a rainy day last week and the service advisor saw the leak on both sides and started to write it up. I questioned the repair and the service manager was consulted and he referred me to their body shop. I made an appointment with the body shop manager who stated they have done one repair to date but had to order the updated spoiler mount nuts. He called me back a while later to postpone the repair as there is no supply for the replacement nuts Canada wide. He said it could be weeks or months before they can get them from GM. Very disappointing.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jav_eee said:

I wonder if local climate has anything to do with it. Hot days and cold nights might cause too much flex? I know it isn’t because they’re being taken off road emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I asked this awhile back and people keep saying no way but I think this is part of it. It really ramped up last winter when the plastic surrounding the window is brittle. 

Well it's been about 7 months since I had my 2019 rear window leak repaired.   It was a painful process and I am very hesitant to put it in a high pressure wash, but no leaks YET.   It's been in the rain 2 or 3 times, a quarter car wash with the high pressure wand 4 or 5 times as well as 1 high pressure automated (no touch) wash.   Nothing...    

I took it to a new dealer the other day for some software updates etc and asked how many they repaired.   The guy wasn't shy, he said they were doing several a week and had a wait time around a month - three months on some of theirs.  He said the key was learning how to apply the new gasket for the spoiler \ light.  He said they really didn't replace many of the sliding windows.   I'm sorry so many are going through this still but eventually they get it right.  Don't hold your breath on them doing anything for you as far as compensation, I tried.   

Smitty

32 minutes ago, WACKEM_G said:

Wondering if these trucks can be ordered without rear sliding window in trim you want AT4 or Denali?! emoji848.png

You can get an AT4 without the slider...just have to order a basic one without the “Preferred” or “Premium” packages. Denali, no.