Rear window leak

Demon

It rained all day here. Sometimes really hard rain. I looked it over real careful and it's dry. I hope it won't leak. As for the headliner I think either the windshield or the rear window has to come out to get it out of the truck. At least that was the case on my 03 Duramax. Well not mine as it's an extended cab but if it was a crew cab it would.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

My 2020 TB went to the dealer a few days ago for the leak issue on the rear window - got it back yesterday.

It rained last night through to this morning...checked the rear seats and window....so far no leaks.

My dealer arranged to have an auto glass company remove the window and reinstall it as they determined the original seal was defective.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:53 AM, Jrodpic said:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10171889-9999.pdf

Looking at the pictures from the service bulletin I am convinced it is caused by water running down the top gap of the spoiler. It is either getting in the holes or cracks on top of the window. I am willing to bet that if a gasket/weather stripping was put in to prevent water from getting in that gap it would fix the problem. Someone with a leak should try to measure the gap and use something like this. That’s one of the first things I am going to do once ours if finally delivered.

1/16”? 1/8”? 1/4”?

https://www.zoro.com/e-james-rubber-cord-neoprene-18-in-dia-10-ft-csneo-18-10/i/G7615781/?recommended=true

Got the truck. Measured the gap. 1/4”. I ordered a couple different rubber cords to try to seal it. Will report back how it fits. 

Edited by Jrodpic

Mine is getting worse quickly. It was barely raining here today, and it was a pretty steady drip. The towel was surprisingly wet .

With over an inch in the forecast, and given it won't fit in the garage, I reluctantly called a dealer today and it's going in tomorrow morning. 

More to come. 

7 minutes ago, paui4m said:

Mine is getting worse quickly. It was barely raining here today, and it was a pretty steady drip. The towel was surprisingly wet .

With over an inch in the forecast, and given it won't fit in the garage, I reluctantly called a dealer today and it's going in tomorrow morning. 

More to come. 

“Barely raining” is usually the worst for some reason.

8 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

“Barely raining” is usually the worst for some reason.

This is a weird one. I've owned a lot of Jeeps with countless issues through the years. 

I'm in IT, and not Engineering, so maybe this is easy for me to say but....

I can't believe they haven't figure this one out on vehicles that cost this much.

My 1978 Pontiac Phoenix even stayed dry in the rain. 

All that said, I really do love the vehicle, and hope they can find a resolution.