Rear window leak

Demon

1 hour ago, gmcAT4tumor said:

What was the final outcome of this issue.  I have a very very slight leak on the top drive side.  it pour last night and not enough to get everything wet but enough that there is moister in there.  what is the best fix and did it hold up.  2020 at4

tldr.... nothing yet but flex seal or sell.

I picked mine back up today.

New seal and spoiler bolts are on-order. ETA mid-week next week. (high demand, go figure)

There was another truck at the dealer with the same issue. 

If this recurs, or doesn't stop, I am pursuing the solid rear window option.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:55 AM, Transient said:

Are you talking about the truck frame or the window frame? If the truck frame is cracked you'll have bigger problems than a leaking window.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Why would you think he's talking about a truck frame crack?

I'm fairly certain he was obvious with "a crack in the frame of the sliding window".

Maybe he should just replace the cam instead.??

Edited by polarys425

Update on the rubber cord idea. The gap is not consistent all the way across and the rubber cord is firmer than I expected. I haven’t had a chance to try and soften the rubber up to get it to fit all the way across. Maybe someone else has some ideas on a softer weather stripping/ cord to fit in the gap???

On 10/14/2020 at 7:40 PM, LSUAT4 said:

Add a 2020 AT4 with a build date of 8/20 to the list. Just got the truck back yesterday from having the valve springs replaced, now the rear window is leaking. I thought buying the 2020 I wouldn’t have these issues, haven’t even made a payment yet. Back to the dealership tomorrow!

9368C601-45D2-4233-92EE-D0A185947865.jpeg

Update got the window sealed and it turned out Sh.t, big blobs on both sides. Dealer tried to cut it out, made it worse. They are ordering a new rear window and having it replaced at Safelite, hopefully they  do a better job. Rear seats and head liner have to removed, so excited to have a brand new truck tore apart again!

455A1ECA-2896-43F6-9351-84949401ED0F.jpeg