Rear window leak

Demon

5 hours ago, Jrodpic said:

Update on the rubber cord idea. The gap is not consistent all the way across and the rubber cord is firmer than I expected. I haven’t had a chance to try and soften the rubber up to get it to fit all the way across. Maybe someone else has some ideas on a softer weather stripping/ cord to fit in the gap???

I wonder if plumbers putty or silicone caulking would work?   

22 hours ago, LSUAT4 said:

Update got the window sealed and it turned out Sh.t, big blobs on both sides. Dealer tried to cut it out, made it worse. They are ordering a new rear window and having it replaced at Safelite, hopefully they  do a better job. Rear seats and head liner have to removed, so excited to have a brand new truck tore apart again!

455A1ECA-2896-43F6-9351-84949401ED0F.jpeg

Totally feel you pain.  I am a 8/20 build too, so far my valve springs are good (1700 miles) but my rear window leaks as well, and my battery has had to be replaced.  

This is the exact reason I haven't had my local dealer attempt to fix this.  I really don't get why these windows all leak lol Its just so unacceptable  IMHO

I live in western Washington and it rains here a lot. I had a trans leak and when at the dealer I asked about this. He said they had never had one come in for that. He didn't even know about the problem.

Just rained in San Diego for the first time since April, or so I've been told since I moved here in December. Decided to take the opportunity to see if I had a leak. None so far, but will check again tomorrow since it'll be raining through tomorrow night.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Why would you think he's talking about a truck frame crack?

I'm fairly certain he was obvious with "a crack in the frame of the sliding window".

Maybe he should just replace the cam instead.[emoji1787][emoji1787]
It's apparent some people are not here to be constructive contributors.

1 hour ago, Transient said:

It's apparent some people are not here to be constructive contributors.

Maybe some of us can actually comprehend what we read. This isn't the first time you've ran off in left field when the ball went right down the middle.

Maybe some of us can actually comprehend what we read. This isn't the first time you've ran off in left field when the ball went right down the middle.
According to the rules of this forum, you have 2 options:

1) Add me to your ignore list, or
2) Report any post of mine you feel violates the rules of this forum.

Having read the rules myself, I know your comments towards me violate the forum rules. Please stop, or I will report your posts.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/guidelines/

20 hours ago, Transient said:

According to the rules of this forum, you have 2 options:

1) Add me to your ignore list, or
2) Report any post of mine you feel violates the rules of this forum.

Having read the rules myself, I know your comments towards me violate the forum rules. Please stop, or I will report your posts.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/guidelines/

It's not a personal attack. Simply stating my opinion. Do as you wish. You're free to use that ignore feature as well.

Edited by polarys425

3 minutes ago, Grey3liter4x4 said:

Took my 2020 to the dealer on Friday for the leak on the passenger side.  Its supposedly their first.  No cracks were found on the slider frame.  Having the headliner, spoiler removed to apply sealant.  Will see if it works.  

Let's us know if you can where the dealer put sealant on the spoiler?  Straight across the top gap or around each bolt hole?

16 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

Let's us know if you can where the dealer put sealant on the spoiler?  Straight across the top gap or around each bolt hole?

Leak is only at the window frame.  Spoiler has to come off to get to the window for sealant application.  I'll ask though on what they did exactly, hopefully tomorrow and let you know.  

6 hours ago, Grey3liter4x4 said:

Took my 2020 to the dealer on Friday for the leak on the passenger side.  Its supposedly their first.  No cracks were found on the slider frame.  Having the headliner, spoiler removed to apply sealant.  Will see if it works.  

5 hours ago, Grey3liter4x4 said:

Leak is only at the window frame.  Spoiler has to come off to get to the window for sealant application.  I'll ask though on what they did exactly, hopefully tomorrow and let you know.  

I'd wager good money that it is cracked just like all the others in this thread. 

Welcome to the leakers club. 

4 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

I'd wager good money that it is cracked just like all the others in this thread. 

Welcome to the leakers club. 

I'm lucky, If you can call it that, I live in a dry place.  Such a shame that these vehicles are leaking.  Seems like such an avoidable problem.  You can watch the robots sealing seams and installing glass at the factory online.  Somehow there's a glitch in the assembly line that GM isn't addressing.  My $250 GMC that was my first vehicle had holes in the floor but was still water tight, unless you ran over a puddle.