Rear window leak

Demon

On 10/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Spyderwebb said:

Interesting story;  I took my truck in for its first service this morning and while visiting with the Service Adviser I asked what their process was for repairing the leaking back windows on the Silverados, not that I wanted them to do it this morning but because I wanted to know how they were handling the issue.  To my surprise I was advised that they were not familiar with that problem!  This is the top selling Chevy dealer in Kansas and I would estimate they sell hundreds if not thousands of Silverados every year!! 

I expressed my surprise and shared that on the largest GMC/Chevy - Silverado/Sierra forum there are hundreds of pages pages about this issue....so there must be a plethora of active claims on it across the country, right??

Anyway, for now I am not going to have them experiment on me with a band-aid fix, I'll wait as long as I can... or until Chevy recognizes the issue and comes up with a responsible and effective correction to this problem!

Needless to say I'm concerned!

Don’t feel bad. The largest dealer in Texas and routinely largest in the US is my local dealer. Both times I’ve taken mine in for the leaker, they acted like I was speaking German to them. When I pressed my advisor, he said he had never heard of anyone having the issue. That’s when I stopped caring about the leak, and just monitor it myself and use a towel to keep the rear dry. 

Don’t feel bad. The largest dealer in Texas and routinely largest in the US is my local dealer. Both times I’ve taken mine in for the leaker, they acted like I was speaking German to them. When I pressed my advisor, he said he had never heard of anyone having the issue. That’s when I stopped caring about the leak, and just monitor it myself and use a towel to keep the rear dry. 
The dealer in San Diego that just installed my GM Accessories Baja Designs offroad light is very aware of the rear window leak, and they aren't that big of a dealer. I've been here for over 3 weeks now, and it hasn't rained yet. I know Texas has had rain since I left it a little over a month ago. Imo, it sounds like your dealer may be full of [emoji90]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

20 LT Trailboss 2400 miles with rear window leak on driver side. Water is weeping from the top track of the slider. Dealer has had the truck for a week and told me they’re pulling the rear window to reseal it and check for cracks. Said if it’s cracked they’ll have to replace the window. After reading all these posts I’m very doubtful this is going to be fixed

Joining the club of a leaking rear window.  From what I’ve read this issue is hard to resolve.  Anyone ever try and site Lemon Law to their dealer? My truck only has 8k miles. Hate the thought of this window allowing water inside for the life of the truck 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:56 PM, UGADawgs said:

All these sliders will leak at some point. Prove me wrong. ?

Add a 2020 AT4 with a build date of 8/20 to the list. Just got the truck back yesterday from having the valve springs replaced, now the rear window is leaking. I thought buying the 2020 I wouldn’t have these issues, haven’t even made a payment yet. Back to the dealership tomorrow!

9368C601-45D2-4233-92EE-D0A185947865.jpeg

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, LSUAT4 said:

Add a 2020 AT4 with a build date of 8/20 to the list. Just got the truck back yesterday from having the valve springs replaced, now the rear window is leaking. I thought buying the 2020 I wouldn’t have these issues, haven’t even made a payment yet. Back to the dealership tomorrow!

Man, I just took delivery on my new AT4 yesterday with a build date of 09/11/20.  I may have the newest built truck on this forum!  Fingers crossed I don't have this issue.  I did have it with my '19 TB LT.  It was an early build 08/18.  

10 minutes ago, LSUAT4 said:

My 2020 Trail boss is leaking at the same spot as your truck. Truck has 2400 miles on it. Dropped the truck off last week at the dealer I ordered and purchased from. Told me they we’re gonna have to pull the rear window and reseal it. Called me yesterday to tell me it was done. Went to pick it up today and found what looked like they just applied the sealant from the outside to just the corner of the leak with out pulling the window or the rear brake light. Needless to say the truck is still sitting at the dealer

Not officially, but I believe 100% it’s flex in the structure. Nothing else makes sense. That’s why further revisions of the window haven’t solved it, it’s not a window problem. They took too much meat out of the structure to save weight.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Not officially, but I believe 100% it’s flex in the structure. Nothing else makes sense. That’s why further revisions of the window haven’t solved it, it’s not a window problem. They took too much meat out of the structure to save weight.

If that’s the case, it’ll be interesting to see what(if any) changes are done to the 2021s to prevent this. 

11 minutes ago, Z71RAD88 said:

If that’s the case, it’ll be interesting to see what(if any) changes are done to the 2021s to prevent this. 

I am not confident they’ve done anything for 2021. Trucks are already on the lots. And we have here a late 2020 in this thread (built in August) that leaks. What’s another month or two gonna do to solve it when they’ve known about the problem since late 2018...

Really hoping it’s ironed out for 2022. If I buy trucks 3 years apart with the same problem, I won’t be happy.

• Like 1